189 Visa Lodged June 2015

Hi Guys,

Starting this thread so anyone that is in the same boat can share how they are getting on. I have lodged mine. I haven't had my medical yet.

Anyone else end of May, beginning of June want to share where they are up to??

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Starting this thread so anyone that is in the same boat can share how they are getting on. I have lodged mine. I haven't had my medical yet.

Anyone else end of May, beginning of June want to share where they are up to??

I thought I'd jump in on this if you don't mind! My application is 17th May so I'm following the May and April thread as well.

The main news coming from those threads are that the CO's for applicants from mid April are starting to come through but the visas are up to their limit for this programme year (which resets on 1st July) so there are no grants coming through until then. Shouldn't really have much of an impact on May/June applicants as the processing is still going on in the background.....just without the grants.

Morning Smithjed, I lodged yesterday. We've booked medicals but the police checks are throwing a spanner in the works with addresses so going to speak to migration agent today to clarify a few bits. Worked overseas for a few years but was still in the UK for all intents and purposes. Not sure if the police checks overlapping will be an issue.

How are you getting on?

Morning Smithjed, I lodged yesterday. We've booked medicals but the police checks are throwing a spanner in the works with addresses so going to speak to migration agent today to clarify a few bits. Worked overseas for a few years but was still in the UK for all intents and purposes. Not sure if the police checks overlapping will be an issue.

How are you getting on?

How did you get on with police checks? What's the actual problem with it?

My PCC's are a little complicated also because they require them for the flag state of the ship's I've sailed on, some of those countries I've never even been to!

Morning CaptainC, I have done a PCC check for the UK and included the dates I was overseas in that one as like I said, banking etc was still in UK. I've also done PCC checks from Cyprus etc for the dates I lived here. My migration agent said not to worry about overlapping PCC's. I've started to fill out the form 80 but it's a bloody nightmare of a form! I'm in the RAF so have been overseas ALOT and I can't remember exact dates!

Morning CaptainC, I have done a PCC check for the UK and included the dates I was overseas in that one as like I said, banking etc was still in UK. I've also done PCC checks from Cyprus etc for the dates I lived here. My migration agent said not to worry about overlapping PCC's. I've started to fill out the form 80 but it's a bloody nightmare of a form! I'm in the RAF so have been overseas ALOT and I can't remember exact dates!

Practically the same situation as me. Literally travelled all over the world in a 14 year Merchant Navy seagoing career, not including my military service before that. I put down as much as I could possibly remember on the form. I was lucky enough to have dates that I joined and left the ship and which port it was, but everything in between was virtually impossible to know for certain.

I know a few people that have done form 80 and successfully got through with limited knowledge of their exact travel movements. I think the main thing is that you make every effort to make it as accurate as possible. As long as you don't leave out something major like being in Afghanistan for 6 months or similar, they won't mind that you forgot about going to Ascension for two days.

Here's an extract from the immigration character requirements:-

"Military certificates

If you are a current member of a military force and have spent more than 12 months serving in a country other than your country of citizenship, you will need to provide a letter from the relevant military organisation attesting to your character. This is generally a letter from your commanding officer stating that you have not been convicted of any criminal offence during your time in the military.

Police certificates are still required for every country in which you have served for the periods set out above. This includes where you have been stationed at a military base in a foreign country."

Haha, yeah that's on there! Never got to though Ascension unfortunately, always hot and dusty places. I've done my best but it's taken well over a week so far! Best be worth it after all this!

Yes I know how you feel, I started a spreadsheet with a similar layout to form 80 and started it months ago. Just left it on my computer and filled it in when I remembered something.

Might help to get in touch with a few of your old colleagues from the RAF, they might remember a lot more about some places than you, for example if they had a birthday there or something. The brain is a funny thing and has a weird way of archiving!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I lodged my visa on 26/06/15.

Few queries;

1) In my EOI and form 80 they separated the terms 'family' and 'partner'. I said no to taking any family members with me and yea to a partner in my EOI. However, when asked if I wanted to include any family members on my visa I said no (thinking that partner didn't count because it was separated on all the other forms I've filled out). So, I've applied for myself and now need to add my partner as an additional applicant. I've filled in form 1023 (notification of incorrect answers) and form 1436 (adding additional applicant) and I've uploaded them to my immi account. Is that all I need to do?

2) How long at the moment is it until a CO is assigned? I'm hoping to be granted a visa before the end of October as I want to head for Oz just after Christmas and I need to hand in my notice at the end of October.

thanks in advance :smile:

Edited by CaptainC
Continuity in merged thread

For point 1, yes that's all me and my partner did, she did exactly the same as you, our CO updated the immi account and I could then upload my details and got my HAP ID for medical examination.

That's good to hear, thanks! It doesn't incur any additional charges though, does it? (Other than the $1760 for the additional applicant to be included anyway)

I've completed the Form 80 and not even got my Skills Assessment yet! It's actually very, very simple... but I don't think I'll be asked for one giving that I am 21 years old and a solo applicant? What are the reasons why they request a Form 80?

Hi all,

Myself and my husband lodged our visa on the 24th June!! Super exciting, we are planning on being out in Melbourne the first week of November :-)

We have been told by our emigration agent it takes around 3 months to be assigned a case officer.

Can you arrange Medicaid and police checks within that 3 months or not?

Thanks x

Hi

I applied 190(wa state nomination) visa june 2014 then its has been allocated 14th august. And asking me for further information and I uploaded . But in the mean time my wife get pregnant. Because of that my case officer deferred my processing and case officer told you have to wait for you r baby to take required medical examination as well as my wife.

However last April 13th 2015 my daughter has borned and I sent her passport and birth certificate on 4th june 2015 till then I haven't got any reply form my case officer. Now I am worried. ...

If you guys have any idea about it please let me know...

Edited by 190visa

Hi all,

Myself and my husband lodged our visa on the 24th June!! Super exciting, we are planning on being out in Melbourne the first week of November :-)

We have been told by our emigration agent it takes around 3 months to be assigned a case officer.

Thanks x

Hi Sarah, yes you can we have our medicals booked gone next week and had our police checks done in May and haven't been allocated a case officer yet. We wanted everything ready to go. Hoping to go over to brisbane end of this year sometime. x

I've completed the Form 80 and not even got my Skills Assessment yet! It's actually very, very simple... but I don't think I'll be asked for one giving that I am 21 years old and a solo applicant? What are the reasons why they request a Form 80?

I assume it's so they can know bit more about you but I'm not sure to be honest. I may do mine ready then if it's simple

Hi all,

Thanks x

Hi Sarah

Yes you can front load documents before the CO requests them, such as Police Checks from ACRO and your medicals.

Best of luck!! :-)

I've filled my form 80 out and sent to agent for when they ask for it. I'm in the RAF so its pretty much nailed on they'll request it. It's a swine of a form if you've done a bit of travelling!

Do you fil,tk out online or do you have to print it out and fill it in and scan it all?? Sorry if a stupid question . We've travelled but only on holidays so I'm not sure if we will need to, you are bound to be asked being in raf. Where are you heading?

Do you fil,tk out online or do you have to print it out and fill it in and scan it all?? Sorry if a stupid question í*½í¸•. We've travelled but only on holidays so I'm not sure if we will need to, you are bound to be asked being in raf. Where are you heading?

You can download the PDF file of the Form 80 and complete it on your computer. Save it, then upload it to your immiaccount. Print off the page that requires your signature, then sign it and scan and upload that one.

You'll find that if you print and sign it then scan the entire document, the file will be too big.

You can download the PDF file of the Form 80 and complete it on your computer. Save it, then upload it to your immiaccount. Print off the page that requires your signature, then sign it and scan and upload that one.

You'll find that if you print and sign it then scan the entire document, the file will be too big.

Brill thankyou xx