queensland nursing job freeze

gordonsmith

have you been told this officially after completing an EOI on their health site? When i got the email about EOI there was no issue about sponsorship.. that sounds quite stressful for you will you look for another state? X

probably not look elsewhere, i heard it from my mate in queensland, basically they have been told to fill nursing jobs in queensland with OZ nurses or unsponsored options, they will only give a sponsored job when there is no other option. i have had several e-mails back from HR departments saying there doing what they can but as yet no interviews. ps im a mental health nurse

oh ok! well I am mental health as well and their health site you have to complete as an EOI first unless it has changed in the last 8 weeks and then there will be contact from the healthforce woman ( in my case ) to discuss who said they were taking on 457 applicants. I decided against sending cvs out and to stick with applying for posts. I made sure my cv was on a template they like to use for nurses out there. By the time the woman had contacted me I had been interviewed and secured a job in NSW on a 457 as a clinical nurse educator. If i can be of any help pm me and i will give you my work address and give you the template etc and a copy of mine if helpful. Hope things change quickly for you

oh ok! well I am mental health as well and their health site you have to complete as an EOI first unless it has changed in the last 8 weeks and then there will be contact from the healthforce woman ( in my case ) to discuss who said they were taking on 457 applicants. I decided against sending cvs out and to stick with applying for posts. I made sure my cv was on a template they like to use for nurses out there. By the time the woman had contacted me I had been interviewed and secured a job in NSW on a 457 as a clinical nurse educator. If i can be of any help pm me and i will give you my work address and give you the template etc and a copy of mine if helpful. Hope things change quickly for you

brilliant. where in NSW are you going, i tried from newcastle up to brisbane to start with but it was an employment agent who delt with NSW, told me there was nout there for me. i also put in an EOI i got an e-mail back but it didnt state much so started putting my CV out aswell. the agent was also dealing with QLD for me to but because my mate gave my CV to the townsville unit manager they said QLD had my cv on record and then the agent stopped working in qld from then on. just need my medical done and im ready to go as well, house sold, everything packed.

brilliant. where in NSW are you going, i tried from newcastle up to brisbane to start with but it was an employment agent who delt with NSW, told me there was nout there for me. i also put in an EOI i got an e-mail back but it didnt state much so started putting my CV out aswell. the agent was also dealing with QLD for me to but because my mate gave my CV to the townsville unit manager they said QLD had my cv on record and then the agent stopped working in qld from then on. just need my medical done and im ready to go as well, house sold, everything packed.

I am going to kogarah. I just looked on their site seriously there are loads of jobs to apply for. If you want any links to sites etc I can pm you them. I never used an agent so cant comment on that. Its very stressful i know but you will get there!

basically they have been told to fill nursing jobs in queensland with OZ nurses or unsponsored options, they will only give a sponsored job when there is no other option.

Works well for me, we have our sponsorship and my OH will be looking for an AIN role. Just wanted to put a flip on this situation that I know will be affecting some people.

http://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/SearchResults.aspx?k=mental&C=17&L=0&E=0&I=2&J=1&SC=0&P=0&S=0&H=0 try this Gordon :biggrin:

If you're not averse to the Private sector, then give this hospital a try : http://www.pineriversprivatehospital.com.au/

One PIO member (Fluxsta) got sponsorship there and is thoroughly chuffed with his pay and conditions ..................morning tea laid on etc....................salmon and cucumber sarnies in little triangles...................lucky if you get morning tea in the public sector atm.