Mobile pay as you go broadband

mullsey

You will have to get your dongle unlocked - just like a phone really. Then you can buy a mobile payg sim which should work with it. I dont know how you go about unlocking them - for phones I go to a man in the market whenever I have needed to unlock one but with dongles you probably have to get the original telco to unlock it.

Guest wayniexagt

we got mobile broadband when we first got here . "DONT DO IT " we couldnt get on pio forum for 3 wks . i thought it was a problem with pio, but it was the dongle not allowing us. we had $50 worth of credit that went like crazy. just hold out till you have a plac to rent then get a phone line up and running then apply for broadbandvia a modem. were with bigpond and havent had a problem since. but be prepaired to wait as nothing happens fast over here

Guest The Pom Queen

If you do move to an area which doesn't have broadband then this may be your only option, unfortunately there are lots of areas in and around Metro Melbourne that still cannot get broadband and your only option is wireless. 3 do a good deal which is $39 per month for 6 gig, not great if you are in to downloading large files but just for browsing it is fine.

It all depends on which telco company you go with as some companies actualy block ports which in turn stops you from visiting certain websites. I used Virgin Mobile broadband and they are not as restrictive on port blocking, off the top of my head there was only one website I could not access and that was for a pet minding business in Melbourne (strange, not exactly hardcore xxxx) but I was able to access PIO and other forums with no problems.

Hmm, I can get PIO using a Virgin dongle - no worries. Cant think that I have been knocked back for any sites really although pet minding hasnt been in my list of bookmarks:biglaugh:

I also found it was reasonably good down in rural (but not the remoter parts) Victoria which was a pleasant surprise.

Hmm, I can get PIO using a Virgin dongle - no worries. Cant think that I have been knocked back for any sites really although pet minding hasnt been in my list of bookmarks:biglaugh:

I also found it was reasonably good down in rural (but not the remoter parts) Victoria which was a pleasant surprise.

The pet minding businesses was a company that wanted to advertise on my website so I had to review the site before listing it but I was never able to connect to the site with Virgin mobile so had to use the local library computer instead...I don't even have any pets :idea:

Archived