mobile broadband

Guest alan_blue

Guest alan_blue

hey all im due to arrive in wagga wagga nsw friday and am after some broadband advice. We wont be staying there for long (approx 6 months) and need broadband. I was thinking of the usb stick? what are people views on them and can anyone advice on any good plans?

I have been looking online and getting confused, i would like a good speed as will be using it for skype etc

thanks in advance

hey all im due to arrive in wagga wagga nsw friday and am after some broadband advice. We wont be staying there for long (approx 6 months) and need broadband. I was thinking of the usb stick? what are people views on them and can anyone advice on any good plans?

I have been looking online and getting confused, i would like a good speed as will be using it for skype etc

thanks in advance

cant help you mate but broadband is pants here even adsl

Guest Taytoconnorrs

My wife went home to Bondi at christmas and she bought "3" Pay as you go broadband (usb), its about $30 a month, and she said it zipped along. I spoke to her loads on skype and it was spot on

Guest alan_blue

just checked the three web and they dont cover wagga wagga, anyone used virgin?

even if broadband is pants here its still better than nothing aint it:rolleyes:

I had a Virgin usb and used it down in Gippsland shortly after the fires and whilst it wasnt exactly lightning fast it was perfectly serviceable. Quite honestly Telstra has the best rural coverage but I dont much like them and they are hugely expensive compared with Virgin (who use the Optus towers). You should be OK with Virgin though.

I think Kmart are doing special deals on Optus USB broadband this week, the USB stick is $149 and you get 2GB of data if you activate before the end of the month, I used Virgin mobile broadband similar to Optus and it is OK it's not lightning fast with speeds of around 500kbps but way faster than dial up and it worked for Skype really well calling the folks back home with maybe the odd droput with each call, mainly in the evening, for costs and coverage Virgin or Optus is a good choice.

Archived