Best time to get flights

Bonoahx

Hi,

My prospective date for arriving in Australia is 14th September 2015 (or the week beginning). I'm flying from London and probably to Sydney.

When would be the best time to purchase the flights? I know that they put the prices up in the weekend etc. but is there any sort of time before flights that it's cheapest or doesn't it really matter.

Thanks.

Because you're only around 4 months away I'd say any time from now really.

If you look at flights now for about 14th June, you'll find one way tickets for around £450 to Sydney. It would depend if you'd want to risk waiting until a few weeks before flying to buy your tickets to save £100 or so...

Hi - I got mine in December through STA travel. One way from Manchester to Sydney (10th September). I paid around £650, flying with Emirates, 23 hour flight, 2 hr 30 stop over in Dubai. Probably paid more than I should have done for a one way, but it was cheaper than booking it straight from the website. I wanted to fly with a decent airline as well. If I'm honest I don't think it really matters when you book the flight, prices don't really go up and down that much I don't think!! Just get them as soon as possible really.

Hi,

My prospective date for arriving in Australia is 14th September 2015 (or the week beginning). I'm flying from London and probably to Sydney.

When would be the best time to purchase the flights? I know that they put the prices up in the weekend etc. but is there any sort of time before flights that it's cheapest or doesn't it really matter.

Thanks.

That is little over three months away, ideally you would have been keeping your eyes open for about the last three months, six months before travel. Hopefully some airline will have had sales in that period and if you see a price you think is good then just take it. Waiting for something better becomes less likely as the time approaches. Cheap tickets go first, not last..

I would say as early as possible but monitor them for a bit. I waited 2 weeks for a flight in July and they went up £200 so don't hesitate. I also recommend going for a good route, airline, stop overs and aircraft rather than save a few quid. Still bargains out there if you have time to do a bit of searching.

Hope you find your flights.

Hi,

Thanks.

Do you mean when is the best time to book them, or which day should you travel on?