SkillSelect New Visa Subclasses Announced

xenos1987

The DIAC had a chat on facebook a few days ago where a lot of questions were asked and few answers were given. Its on their FB page if you want to read up.

When will the SOL be updated? - In a few weeks

What will happen with people that optain SS before July 1st? - This depends on your personal circumstances

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, This forum is very helpful....thanks for the people around who share their respective experiences on the process.

We have applied for State sponsorship and the AIM assessment is under process. Can someone help me out with the next stages to the visa grant.

Thanks in advance.

VC.

I have a slight feeling there will be SERVER ISSUES with the amount of EOI's being lodged! ugh I hope DIAC are prepared for this!

I have set my alarm (on my phone) for 12AM Australian time July 1st!

I was reading up today and trying to find out some more info and watching some vids that were posted on Perthpoms and I thought the very same. People will have their stop watches out ready and waiting to pounce. I am sure they will be expecting this. From what I have read, I think it is going to be a much simpler process.

from what the DIAC rep told my bro when he attended the migration expo in Melbourne was that there will only be one list. Bring on July 1st already!!

In addition, a single, consolidated 'sponsored' occupation list will be introduced to replace three current occupation lists for the Employer Nomination Scheme, subclass 457 and the State and Territory Sponsored General Skilled Migration visas. This consolidated list will make it a lot simpler and clearer for employers and prospective permanent migrants to navigate migration rules. http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb183659.htm

The DIAC had a chat on facebook a few days ago where a lot of questions were asked and few answers were given. Its on their FB page if you want to read up.

When will the SOL be updated? - In a few weeks

What will happen with people that optain SS before July 1st? - This depends on your personal circumstances

Hi Joanna82 whats DIACs FB name? Ive tried it as diac and australid diac but cant find anything. Cheers Nic x

I hate Australia: I hate what IELTS band 8 in each sections, and all other changes to the migration points system has done to unneccesarily make it harder for someone over 40 to get a visa. I believe it is pure discrimination aimed at making it harder for anyone genuinely trying to get there,particularly over the last 2 years. This has been achieved by them setting an English language bar at band 8 over and above any university or employment requirements. I hate Australia for that and for what that has done to me and my family emotionally. It is questionable illegal migration policy. And now I can't go because of an English language mark that is the IELTS band 8 and the 1st of July deadline changes again changing to make it harder all over again. A migration system that is a profiteering excercise and a racket designed by Australia and deliberately aimed to discriminate against hard working people over 40, just so they can make it unnecessarily difficult to get a visa.

I really hate Australia today!!!!! And I hate myself for letting my family down. W8.5 S9 L8.5 and reading 7. Anyone's know of a county that wants or might want an over the hill MBA graduate with a MSc in Real Estate, fully qualified in project management and management consultancy: OH, not to mention 20 years experience in business and at Director level and also running his own businesses, but can't help he is dyslexic. I hear you, "maybe try Alaska or Siberia because apparently Australia doesn't want you at 42".

Sorry for the rant in advance

I hear what you saying are Craigyboy and life can be a sh*t! and this process is incredibly frustrating! My OH is 43 in Jan and we are not letting that stop us. If you are struggling with the IELTS can you get a tutor? As my OH did not complete an apprentice, he was told by a couple of agents that he had Bob or No Hope of getting in. He now has an AQF III from the TAFE NSW. What I am trying to say is sit down, weigh up what you have got and what you can offer them. Look at all the visa options available to you.

Wishing you the best of Luck.

Guest DingDangDoo

Anyone know when the states release their new state sponsored occupation lists? Specifically, south australia.

From what I have read there will still be a SOL for Independent and family sponsored visas - the CSOL will be for state sponsored and Employer sponsored and there will be a broader range of occupations on the CSOL than there is on SOL 2 currently.

As stated in my previous post SOL for Independent and Family sponsored visa have been announced today

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/updated-sol.pdf

THe Consolodated SOL for SS applications, ENS and RSMS has yet to be announced.

• 6 months later...

Archived