Parents Visa??? could they come ??

Guest GemJord

Guest GemJord

Hi, me and my partner are in the process of applying for Oz, I will be working as Nurse and an awaitng outcome of an interview i have recently had. The problem is I have a 10 month old baby and feel really guilty about taking her away from my Mum, who currently minds her while I am at work !!!

what is the chance of my mum coming over too ??? i am yet to discuss this with my partner !! ha ha just seeing what options i may or may not have ??

Thank you in advance ??

xxx

There is a parents visa thread on here, but it quite lengthy!

As far as I know there are 2 main options:

A contributory visa, which costs £5000 for the visa plus $40,000 contribution.

Or

An aged parent visa, they have to be over 65 and have at least half of their children in Aus, this has a waiting time of 7-8 yrs, but can be done from a tourist visa in Aus ( a bit tricky, but can be done)

A parent visa (non contributory), is not really an option as the waiting list is thousands of years long!! Its about 15-20 yrs wait!!

It is possible, not easy, not cheap, but possible

You say you are waiting the outcome of an interview, therefore will that job be on a 457 visa - which is a TR visa?? If so until you were PR there would be no parent options.

Also if your visa is PR if they passed the Family Balance test, you need to have been settled in Austrlia usually for a period of 2 years before you would be able to sponsor them.

Not an expert but from what I can remember it sort of depends. If your mother is economically depending on you and you can prove this I reckon you might be able to include her in your application as a dependant. If not then there is a sort of parent visa which is quite expensive though and since they only hand out a limited amount every year the waiting time is 20 years or somewhere about there. You might want to contact a migration agent if you don't get a clear answer.

Does your mum actually want to move to the other side of the world away from her social connections and established network? If she is on a pension then her finances will be frozen at the time she moves and she could end up being totally dependent upon you - unless she is minted of course.

Not an expert but from what I can remember it sort of depends. If your mother is economically depending on you and you can prove this I reckon you might be able to include her in your application as a dependant.

It's practically impossible for a UK-based parent to be a dependent of their children. The existence of the UK government pension means that parents can never claim financial dependence.

Hi

We are just emigrating on a 173 parents visa. Best advise is go to IMMI website, type in Parent visa and read booklet No3. It will give you a good start as to your options. It depends on her (and her partners?) age, balance of family, financial standing and qualifications. Everyone is assumming the are old (Grrrr). A friend on another thread got a 457 at the age of about 56. If they are over 45 but under 65 then a contributory parents visa may be the answer ( the low cost parents visa is currently 10 to 20 years. It was 20 years but then they doubled the number of visas so you would think 10 years but in the current climate more people applied). Spend a an hour or 2 to survey the options and if they appear ok then do a lot of digging.

HOWEVER as someone has said-- does she, would she come?????----It is a huge upheaval.

Archived