Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

Hii Captain C,

Thanks and gud luck to you..

Well for the PCC, the main issue was for Liberian one, I could not obtain one and thus they asked for a Character statutory declaration and internally they went for a penal waiver for the same. It took some time to get the waiver and the last thing i was asked was the "Good Conduct Letter" from employers for Liberian vessels served. I provided the same and grant came thru.

Gud luck to you!!

Amit

Well done!!

The best things come to those that wait!

Out of interest, what was the story with the PCC's?

Hii Captain C,

Thanks and gud luck to you..

Well for the PCC, the main issue was for Liberian one, I could not obtain one and thus they asked for a Character statutory declaration and internally they went for a penal waiver for the same. It took some time to get the waiver and the last thing i was asked was the "Good Conduct Letter" from employers for Liberian vessels served. I provided the same and grant came thru.

Gud luck to you!!

Amit

Sucks that it took so long but it is good news for others in the same situation! Good luck in your new life in Aus.

Hi all

Just a quick update to let you all know I submitted my documents to AMSA yesterday in person at the Sydney office. Now we await Canberra's incredibly long processing times!

Shouldn't worry about the wait times, they quote 28 days but I'm sure the majority of folks on this thread will vouch that it comes a bit faster than that. That is providing that the documents are all in order, which, as you submitted them direct through the Sydney marine office, then I'm sure they will be.

Hi everyone!

I am in Australia. I am preparing for COR Master Orals. This is a very good forum so I joined.

Welcome!!

When is your exam?

I have several masters papers from Brisbane, Fremantle and Sydney if you are interested?

If you want me to forward them please send me a PM with your email and I will send.

Thanks Captain C for your generosity!

I am planning to take orals in March, and I have to choose between Brisbane and Melbourne. Past oral questions will be of great help. Kindly send the past papers to my email address:

*****Email address removed by moderator per forum rules. Please PM instead.*****

Edited by Ozmaniac
Email address removed per forum rules

Hi Every One, how r u?

I just joined this forum. I am going for my Shipmaster oral exam (Master Unlimited).

Can you please guide me for that.

Welcome to the forum, this is definitely the best place for advice and guidance for the process, especially for the oral's preparation.

If you send me a private message within with your email address, I can send you past papers of candidates that have done the oral's including my own, which I passed last ŵeek in Brisbane.

What stage are you at? Have you applied for the skills recognition from AMSA yet?

Hello again..... How's the COR orals feedback..

Haven't heard from anyone on this topic...Any particular topic which are hot favs these days

Have you received any oral's papers from me or anyone else on the forum? If not you can send your email to me in a private message and I'll send you what I have.

dear senior members.im ocean goin 2/off...points eligible for state sponsored...m jus beginning plz help me on few things.a. what docs we need as police clearance.b. total fee involved for immigration..orals...medicalc.can d paperwork be done by self or an agent is required.d.any special doc reqrd from company besides service letters.many thanks in

Edited by CaptainC
Email address removed as per forum rules

dear senior members.im ocean goin 2/off...points eligible for state sponsored...m jus beginning plz help me on few things.

a. what docs we need as police clearance.

b. total fee involved for immigration..orals...medical

c.can d paperwork be done by self or an agent is required.

d.any special doc reqrd from company besides service letters.

many thanks

A. You will need police clearance certificates from every country that you have lived in for at least 12 Months. You will also need PCC for each country of nationality for ships that you have sailed on for more than 12 months in total (for example: you sailed on a ship registered in Panama for more than 12 months in total and a ship registered in Bahamas for 9 months in total....you will only need the Panama PCC.)

B

AMSA INITIAL ASSESSMENT AUD$240

AMSA ORALS AUD$430

SEAFARER MEDICAL AUD$400

AMSA SKILL ASSESSMENT AND ISSUE OF CoR AUD$350

Visa fee is available on the DIBP website

C

You can do it all yourself but at own risk.

D

No

Be guided by the information contained in the AMSA website and the DIBP website.

(Also note for the future that you can't post your email address on the forum as it against the forum rules)

I will say, that if you don't have the time to read this thread and the immigration website and AMSA properly first, then definitely go for an agent. The information is all here, amongst a lot of threads, but if you are determined you will find it.