Permanent Residency

shedburner

Hi guys,

Is It not possible anymore to apply for a permanent resident visa instead of these skilled job visas?

You can apply for one of the parent visas or a last remaining relative visa. They both come with permanent residency and have nothing to do with skilled jobs.

However, if you don't qualify for one of those visas then you do indeed need to have skills that Australia needs.

Its not a waiting list. You'll be assessed once you lodge an interest. Depending on your skills and level of qualifications in your profession you'll be prioritised. The more needed you profession is and the more qualified/eperienced you are, the more likely you are to be invited to apply for a visa. Its all about making the process of immigration faster/smoother by matching skills to areas that are lacking. hence why most employer visas are exempt. You can get a permanent employer sponsored visa. Spend some time browsing the diac website.

Guest Guest31881
Then young people fresh out of school looking for a new experience have no chance :dull::dull:

Young people between the age of 18 to 30 (inclusive) can apply for a one year working holiday visa, That can be expanded to two years if correct rural work is undertaken..

Then young people fresh out of school looking for a new experience have no chance :dull::dull:

PR visas required a minimum of 12 months work experience in your chosen profession anyway, the only way for people to come out here straight from school and work is like Srp said, the one year working-holiday visa.

Correct. You get more points for Permanent Residence visas once you hit 26years old and also for work experience.

For those fresh out of school, the working holiday visa is available.

You have until 1st of July to lodge an application for an 'independant' visa. From the 1st you will only be able to lodge your interest and wait for an invite to apply. Some employer sponsored visas are exempt from the changes.

My brother is a permanent resident their and has lived in Oz for 28 years. He owns his own business and wants my wife & I to go & live out their with them, no job needed, he will sponsor us. I'm neally an old codga now (43) but Mum & Dad still live here in UK, so I am not the last remaining relative either. I guess I am out of luck ? ? ? ?

My brother is a permanent resident their and has lived in Oz for 28 years. He owns his own business and wants my wife & I to go & live out their with them, no job needed, he will sponsor us. I'm neally an old codga now (43) but Mum & Dad still live here in UK, so I am not the last remaining relative either. I guess I am out of luck ? ? ? ?

Check on www.immi.gov.au/visawizard to be sure but I think it's doubtful as your parents are still here too.

Guest perthpomcharlie

Hi - Can anyone offer me some advice?

I came out here on a working holiday visa in Dec 2009.

Started work for a company in May 2010 and they sponsored me on a 457 (granted Oct 2010) valid untill Oct 2014.

Now my next step is permanent residence but which would be the best way to obtain this? I'm 27, have a degree in Industrial Design from UK, work experiance in the UK and 22 months of work ex in Oz.

From what I've heard and researched I've got 2 options;

Skilled Independent (Residence) visa (Subclass 885)

OR

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Archived