partners disability WORRIED!

julesharp

hi all,

have just started applying for 176 visa through a reputable emmigration group. when sending off our initial application i declared that husband was ex service and medically discharged from army 10 yrs ago with back problems and depression. He has been receiving disability living allowance since. me and the kids have no health issues and i am the main applicant (nurse). the company said we have a very good chance of getting visa granted but i am worrying no matter. we were thinking of stopping the allowance soon before medicals come up or would it matter. ??

any comments would be gr8 x:unsure:

I dont think it will matter stopping your allowance before your medicals, as they are not done at NHS, but there may be a problem with your OH passing the medicals and may need reports from his Doctors regarding his disability. I would wait until you are moving to Australia before you stop the allowance, as if you dont get your visa or you wait a few years before you go it might be difficult to get the allowance restarted.

If your DH meets the criteria for eligibility for a disability pension in Australia then I would be very worried because they will add up how much that is going to cost the Aus tax payer and it would be over the threshold. It isnt much use saying that he wouldnt apply for the disability pension because your circumstances could change and he finds he needs to. In cases like these, there are agents who specialize in medical conditions and who are able to give a better indication of outcome than other agents who are pretty gung ho and promise the world for your money. Good luck with it!

Archived