Vetassess - document certification

smithinoz

Hi Debbie,

What I did was to go to a local solicitor. If you go with all your docs and negotiate a deal for all of them. I did my qualifications,, certificates and all the stuff to do with my divorce and permission from my ex to allow the children to Emigrate (that included a visit from her to show her passport) and all this cost £50!!.

I'm a police officer and police stations dont usually certify documents anymore (well not in Kent) because you have to have a station stamp and a police officer and most police stations dont normally have Police officers on the front counter.

I know that you probably dont need all those documents done now but I found that as long as they were certified within a year of your application they werent questioned.So get them all copied and certified and speeds up your application.

The only problem I had was the case officer didnt like the wording on the Statutory declartion even though I had got the wording from Australian High Commission in London!! But luckily the solicitor didnt charge me.

:twitcy:Hope this helps,

Jase

Hi Debbie,

What I did was to go to a local solicitor. If you go with all your docs and negotiate a deal for all of them. I did my qualifications,, certificates and all the stuff to do with my divorce and permission from my ex to allow the children to Emigrate (that included a visit from her to show her passport) and all this cost £50!!.

I'm a police officer and police stations dont usually certify documents anymore (well not in Kent) because you have to have a station stamp and a police officer and most police stations dont normally have Police officers on the front counter.

I know that you probably dont need all those documents done now but I found that as long as they were certified within a year of your application they werent questioned.So get them all copied and certified and speeds up your application.

The only problem I had was the case officer didnt like the wording on the Statutory declartion even though I had got the wording from Australian High Commission in London!! But luckily the solicitor didnt charge me.

:twitcy:Hope this helps,

Jase

Hi there

You did get a really good deal solicitors here are charging €10 per page+ vat + €1 notary fee per page there is a lot of people making great money from this recession!! I did not pay this got some great advice online and went to my nearest peace commissioner,commissioner for oaths they wont charge you a penny it is a civic duty they take on and are legally bound not to charge.:cute:How cool is that

I got all my documentation certified if I wasn't submitting the originals except for my CV (for VETASSESS). I had my exam syllabus certified (unless I sent the originals), I had my payslips certified (as mine had to be translated into English), my diplomas certified and my employment contract certified. I did send the original employers' reference so that wasn't certified.

I got all my documentation certified if I wasn't submitting the originals except for my CV (for VETASSESS). I had my exam syllabus certified (unless I sent the originals), I had my payslips certified (as mine had to be translated into English), my diplomas certified and my employment contract certified. I did send the original employers' reference so that wasn't certified.

Thanks Sephie :biggrin:

Arrghhhhh :confused:

This has been such a weird day! I contacted all the solicitors in my town and none of them said they can sign the forms?! They reckon I have to use a public notary?! So I phoned one in a nearby city who tells me it will incur significant costs. Am I missing something here?

I know an accountant who would certify them for me - free of charge. But now i'm scared he isn't suitable - anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Debs x

Archived