nurses pension

julesharp

hi all. just in early stages of applying for 176 visa. have been nursing in uk now for 10 yrs and paying into supper annuation scheme through nhs. does anyone know if its a good idea to lift it all and transfer it over to oz. does it be taxed?? any comments greatly appreciated x:unsure:

It's been awhile since we moved so i'm not sure if things have changed. My NHS pension had started to double up (after 20 years), so we got a company to look into if it was viable to transfer it. We used prism ex pats. I had a total of 28 years pension to transfere which I did, we didn't pay tax on it that I recall (but there was a cut off point). It hasn't gone into the same pension fund as my supran as you could only transfer to certain approved schemes.

Hi there.

It is possible to transfer the scheme to a qualifying Australian scheme and there can be some very good reasons to have your retirement monies here.

This thread might also help http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-finance/141308-uk-police-pension.html, just be sure not too rush into anything as there really is no rush.

It is definitely worth taking professional advice as your scheme is a final salary scheme and you need to be sure what you are potentially giving up and potentially gaining.

Regards

Andy

• 3 years later...

Archived