IELTS Exam Sat 10th March - Totally turtling myself

seraphim

I found that the (personally) dreaded 'True, False, Not Given' questions made up 25% of the paper, B****cks! I hope I pass!

I'm sure you will! I must have had a totally different test because there was only one True/False/Not Given question on mine. Ironically, the reading portion of my test had an article about travelling to Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my results.

[TABLE=width: 59%]

[TR=bgcolor: lightgrey]

[TH]Listening[/TH]

[TH]Reading[/TH]

[TH]Writing[/TH]

[TH]Speaking[/TH]

[TH]Overall[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #f7f7de]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]8.0[/TD]

[TD]8.5[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]8.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Pretty darn pleased!

hope everyone else done alright.

good result, well done! Can't get mine yet, Notts doesn't do the online thing! :(

Fingers crossed though!

Just got my results.

[TABLE=width: 59%]

[TR=bgcolor: lightgrey]

[TH]Listening[/TH]

[TH]Reading[/TH]

[TH]Writing[/TH]

[TH]Speaking[/TH]

[TH]Overall[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #f7f7de]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]8.0[/TD]

[TD]8.5[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]8.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Pretty darn pleased!

hope everyone else done alright.

Congrats on the great score! Mine hasn't been posted yet, but hopefully it'll show up later tonight.

Guys, how much study did ye put in?

Not much, less than a week. I would get the Cambridge IELTS 8 Study Book to familiarize yourself with the format. The types of questions on the real exam are exactly the same as in the book so it's a good way to prepare. I didn't spend much time studying for the writing and speaking sections since I write for a living and speak fluently. I focused mostly on the reading and listening sections.

Checked my score online just now -- all 9's! I couldn't be happier :biggrin:

[TABLE]

[TR=bgcolor: LightGrey]

[TH]Listening[/TH]

[TH]Reading[/TH]

[TH]Writing[/TH]

[TH]Speaking[/TH]

[TH]Overall[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #F7F7DE]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hope you all get the scores you need!!

Checked my score online just now -- all 9's! I couldn't be happier :biggrin:

[TABLE]

[TR=bgcolor: LightGrey]

[TH]Listening[/TH]

[TH]Reading[/TH]

[TH]Writing[/TH]

[TH]Speaking[/TH]

[TH]Overall[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #F7F7DE]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[TD]9.0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hope you all get the scores you need!!

Well done on those scores, which site did you go to? I tried 2 sites but both say no results found..

It just seems it cant find mine, no results found again, did you put passport number with candidate number, or just one of them?

Hi,

my husband tried 3x before the results showed, he needed to put his first name, last name, candidate number and test date. BTW he got 8 overall, we are so happy! Good luck.

It just seems it cant find mine, no results found again, did you put passport number with candidate number, or just one of them?

I used my passport number. It didn't work with the candidate number. It also only seems to work with both the first and last names (and if you put your middle name on the form, include that too) on there. Maybe your test center hasn't posted the results yet?

Results on the doormat today (been away over the weekend!)

Listening 9.0

Reading 9.0

Writing 8.5

Speaking 8.5

BUT

It says overall 9.0?!?!?!

Does this mean they've misprinted as I thought your overall score was the lowest individual sections score, so should be 8.5 for me?

Anyone ever had the same oddity or can shed light on this for me please?!

Should I call nottingham tomorrow and clarify it or IELTS directly.

Don't want to submit for visa (this is the last piece before we can submit!) until I've clarified it!

The overall score is an average of the 4 individual scores, i.e. 9.0 + 9.0 + 8.5 + 8.5 = 35/4 = 8.75 (rounded up to 9.0). For immigration purposes, your lowest score is considered to be your actual score.

Thanks NYC.

So still 8.5 for immigration then! Hurrah! I think that gives me 80 points which should be enough for a 175!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it's bloomin' horrible and I hope you all get what you need to get the applications in!

Guest DingDangDoo

Hi Guys,

Would any of ye have the pdf that Laura has about the structuring of the writing,i PM'd her but shes probably busy.

xxxxxxx is my email address is someone could send it on that would be great :-)

Guest melanie79

im sitting my ielts in 2 weeks, am so nervous! i wasnt until i downloaded some sample questions! im mental health nurse and need the ielts for 175. could i also get the pdf sent on to me too about the structuring of the writing?!!!! mel_van_holland@hotmail.com many thanks guys! fingers crossed for all of yous waiting on your results! x

Archived