Miserable after having Medicals :(

Guest Lucy Furness

Guest Lucy Furness
Lucy i am sure everything will be ok...when you say your DIAC page has changed..in what sence? Have hubby's and daughters been changed to met and yours refferred? I thought that was done in Oz somewhere...

We have ours tommorrow and i am now dreading it...i am a little on the overweight side so expecting to be refferred. My son also had an accident yesteday on his bike; with a car. He is OK though and lucky to escape with cuts and bruises although he very emotional.

Good luck with yours.... If I can get through with my ugly history, I'm sure you can!

Our stuff is all done online and my husband's and daughters were lodged and finalised within a day. Mine took 2 weeks (mainly as I had to provide extra evidence) and were referred on Wednesday, then got finalised last night, so all in all very quick.

I'm stoked that I didn't have to go and see a shrink! Now we can start to get excited for real!

My agent is emailing my CO today to let him know my meds are done and dusted, so lets hope next week is THE week!

Lucy it's really not unusual to be referred, there was a member on here a couple of years ago who had a history of depression, she was asked to see a private psychiatrist .. the report was fine because the issues had resolved and she got her visa. I have known people get visa's who have continuing MH problems. It's easy for me to say try not to worry ... but do try to think of it as routine - it'll also be great confirmation for you to show that you recovered from a bad patch in your life.

Chin up ... I'm sure it'll all be ok xxx

Yaaaay!

Checked online and my meds went from referred to finalised within a day! No trip to the shrink either!

I'm assuming this means I'm all good??????

Having spent the past weeks feeling like all was lost, today will most definitely be a happier day.

Hopefully now it's just a short wait until we get our golden ticket!

Happy and hopeful!

Just a thought, if you hadn't supplied the extra information to be helpful, how would they have known you had this history? Do they request your medical notes from your gp anyway?

Just a thought, if you hadn't supplied the extra information to be helpful, how would they have known you had this history? Do they request your medical notes from your gp anyway?

They don't ask your gp by default, but I seem to remember signing a form allowing them to make contact if they wanted / needed to. Attempting to mislead DIAC is never a good idea...

They don't ask your gp by default, but I seem to remember signing a form allowing them to make contact if they wanted / needed to. Attempting to mislead DIAC is never a good idea...

Completely agree! Then you would be up the *creek* without a paddle and a one-way ticket home!

Archived