Do I spend even more money!!!

laneyD

Hi not been on here for a while. quick run down We returned from perth 7years ago then applied for RRV which is valid till 2014. I applied for my youngest visa which was granted Dec2011 & they have only give us till beg May 2012 to activate his Visa. I have been looking at flights which are going to cost about £2200 just for my son & I . I was going to visit family in sydney for 10 nights . I just dont know if its worth it I have spent the last few years thinking do we go back is it a better life for the kids . We enjoyed perth but I have know got family who have went to sydney & they are getting on well. Or I am thinking Im just getting caught up with their new adventure

My house has been up for sale since summer last year but no joy. We have a good life here go on holiday 4/5 times a year we both have ok paid jobs & dont really want for much. Think I am just frightened to give up the dream or do I take my son start his visa then this gives us another 2 years to do my head in until my RRV expires.

I wouldnt rent my house out as hearing to many horror stories about that. Husband has been offered a job in perth but dont have the support we would have in sydney.

please help so confused .....................

For me id spend the money. At least then you have the option to move and have 2 years to think. If you don't, you may regret it later. Its a lot of money to pay out but it would be awful changing your mind later.

What is your sons opinion? (assuming hes not a baby).

Good luck x

HI he is 5 mu daughter at 12 already has visa same as us. I feel as though all I have been thinking about recently is do we or dont we & ive strated looking on this site again which can sometimes be great then you see all the posts about return ing home to the uk. are you hoping to go over thanks lorraine

I think I'd spend the money on the holiday to activate the visa to give yourself the option to return. If you go on 4 or 5 holidays a year, then taking this one, while it might eat into the budget for hols, it won't leave you on the breadline or missing out overly if you only have a couple of holidays this year instead of 5.

I think its a trip to Sydney worth making, plus you'll see family and be able to check Sydney out and see if you like it.

As for moving back, tough call. Some will say don't rock the boat and stay where you are if you are happy, but if you have an itch to scratch and it won't go away, well, give it a go.

Personally I feel if you've family and a good network over there and a chance of a life on par to what you have in the UK, you could give it a go. Ok maybe not so many holidays to begin with or perhaps a couple of years of heads down to settle in, find jobs, home and so on before you start exploring lots. You know how things were for you in Perth and why you returned to the UK, so perhaps Sydney and family will be more appealing or work better for you. Its worth thinking about for sure :)

Hi not been on here for a while. quick run down We returned from perth 7years ago then applied for RRV which is valid till 2014. I applied for my youngest visa which was granted Dec2011 & they have only give us till beg May 2012 to activate his Visa. I have been looking at flights which are going to cost about £2200 just for my son & I . I was going to visit family in sydney for 10 nights . I just dont know if its worth it I have spent the last few years thinking do we go back is it a better life for the kids . We enjoyed perth but I have know got family who have went to sydney & they are getting on well. Or I am thinking Im just getting caught up with their new adventure

My house has been up for sale since summer last year but no joy. We have a good life here go on holiday 4/5 times a year we both have ok paid jobs & dont really want for much. Think I am just frightened to give up the dream or do I take my son start his visa then this gives us another 2 years to do my head in until my RRV expires.

I wouldnt rent my house out as hearing to many horror stories about that. Husband has been offered a job in perth but dont have the support we would have in sydney.

please help so confused .....................

Yikes!!!:err: Where did you get that quote from? Me and my OH can get flights for May 2012 for £1200 on Expedia. Worth having a look!

its the easter holidays 6th april- 18th with emirates & thats me taking son out of school for a week they were some crazy prices but that was about the cheapest with the shortest stop over as I dont want to be sitting about airports with a 5year old

thanks for the reply well its oz or a family holiday to portugal as cant do it all & thats when my hols are from work. i just wish I had a crystal ball but he when you read all the posts there are so many people alike. ps not all the hols are europe some are in good old UK. the flights seem to be going up by the day especially around easter time so I really need to make my mind up . i just dont want to regret my decision & we have done all the pro's & cons good & bad lists you can think off . we spent a years working visa in sydney when we were younger but so much will have changed since then. Ive set myself a deadline to decide by the end feb so clocks ticking:) cheers lorraine

well on the basis that you can do Portugal at pretty much any time I think Sydney's worth planning for- the thing is if you don't do it now you'll just be totally hooked on reading about it on here instead & you'll always have the "what-if's" eating away at you.... like Snifter says... see family & friends & go with a view to how your lifestyle could pan out- you'll probably know pretty well for sure after this visit :cool:

thats what hubby is saying look at it like a holi & fingers crossed it will make my mind up 1 way or another its just such a hard decision cheers lorraine

Sounds like hubby is happy you go check it out, so go :) Validate that visa for your son and enjoy. And who knows, it may be the holiday that turns into a move. Good luck and enjoy. Let us know how you get on.

Archived