Tips for writing competitive Aussie CV's

Freckleface

Maybe it is because you do not have any Australian experience, where as other applicants do and you will not get a call if you do not meet the job requirements. Two months is not a long time looking for a job and it can take a lot longer than this. Also you may want to find some one to look over you resume there are plenty around (look on Google or if on Facebook join a local page where you are and ask) that will do it some may give you free pointers as to what if any thing may need to be changed.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely be trying it. Very true about the lack of Australian experience. But the other day, someone was telling me that the lack of WA experience is just a convenient excuse. Unless and until you find some one to provide you with a referral, its almost impossible to land up with a job here in WA.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hubby got a job with no wa experience and didn't know anyone there when we arrived and did his own cv too . But I understand that it's difficult because my boy got same thing no wa experience blah blah . And so did I for bunnings lol .

once you get one job ya will flow , although depending what you do markets tight . But if you are employee of the year you'll be right don't worry , it's getting that lucky break .

it took him 5 weeks land a job though on arrival . Had interviews set up from uk end for when we landed , wanted him but no work was coming through at the time , that company has since closed up office the first interview . 2nd interview he had set up tried get him on the cheap , because they hadn't got much work on but wanted him .

He he didn't take that , got a job after 3 rd interview what he excepted . Hated it , never hated a job before ever . He quit that although on good terms . Got another one went on 4 days after a few month , got offered this over here applied on the Friday , 3 way telephone call set up on wed , offered job on the Friday , flew out to brissie the following Thursday . He's loving it . And he likes how brissie didn't mess about .

although he knew a couple of aussie mates in wa who would have put him forward for a job , but wasn't the pay my oh was used too , so declined , and see where it took him himself , but since then at the aussie mates company they have laid 150 people off anyway . So for us my oh will just go where the work is . But each to it's own and all that , good luck though I know it's tough depending what ya after .

Archived