After 1 WHV. can my friend get another!!??

Stevieb1483

Hi

my friend is hoping to get to Australia along with me and my girlfriend, we are coming on a WHV. My friend lived and worked in Australia 2003/2004 he had a WHV but was only working office jobs for 6months now he is wanting to come back, but seems to think the door is firmly shut...

could anyone shed some light on this for me?

I'm not entirely sure about your situation, but I have had two working holiday visas. I applied for the 2nd whilst still in Australia on my first though and got it in about 30mins online!

Have you checked out the DIAC website?you should find something on there, you definitely can get two but I'm not entirely sure of the rules!

Good luck!

No, you cant have another - I believe the Aussies call it 'Double-Dipping'

They changed the WHV, if you did 3 months approved work in a Regional Area in the first year of the WHV, you could then apply to get a second year at the end of the first year

Only option that they could look at would be to go on a tourist visa and spend a few months out there with you - but they would not be allowed to work

You're only allowed a second WHV if it follows on straight from your first and you did 3 months of regional work in that first year. So no, your friend can't have another one.

Your second WHV doesn't have to follow on straight after your first WHV.

You can apply for the second any time - years later if you want - as long as you're still under 31 and did the regional work in your first.

From http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm

To be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa, you must meet a number of requirements. You may apply either while you still hold a first Working Holiday visa or at a later date.

Archived