Health: Polycystic Kidney Disease

wvoor

Hello,

I'm the secondary applicant of my wife's 175 visa. I've been diagnosed with ADPKD when I was 13. Blood tests since then have shown my condition has not progressed, which means there's little chance I will develop chronic kidney disease in the future.

I'm in contact with my doctor to prepare a report stating the condition, current state and long-term prognosis. I've read a lot about health requirements and I'm aware that conditions like this can cause visa refusal, even if I may never need dialysis.

Still, I would like to hear from people who have applied and had ADPKD (or similar conditions), and what was the outcome. I read other threads in this forum that mention polycystic kidney disease, but the outcome was not mentioned.

I appreciate any information that may help us in increasing the chances our visa application will be accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Will

i am also going through same god knos what will happen

I'm the secondary applicant of my wife's 175 visa. I've been diagnosed with ADPKD when I was 13. Blood tests since then have shown my condition has not progressed, which means there's little chance I will develop chronic kidney disease in the future.

I'm in contact with my doctor to prepare a report stating the condition, current state and long-term prognosis. I've read a lot about health requirements and I'm aware that conditions like this can cause visa refusal, even if I may never need dialysis.

Still, I would like to hear from people who have applied and had ADPKD (or similar conditions), and what was the outcome. I read other threads in this forum that mention polycystic kidney disease, but the outcome was not mentioned.

I appreciate any information that may help us in increasing the chances our visa application will be accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will,

My wife and I are in a similar position as wr have both had kidney transplants.

Check out a post in the Migration Issues forum entitled " Health issues - Would I pass a medical ?"

This may give you some anwers.

Good luck. John

• 1 year later...
wvoor, what happened to your application? i have similar problem and i am afraid i would be denied a visa.

Hi Caylin,

I eventually got the visa, but the process of obtaining the clearance from a nephrologist, added at least 2 months to the process, after the case office had been assigned. So I suggest you start this process now.

In the end, the doctor was very helpful and wrote an extensive and reassuring letter regarding my condition. But he did so only after requesting and getting the results of several lab tests (e.g. creatinine, ultrasounds, etc), on which he based his report. Note that I had not seen this doctor before, so he was not 'my doctor', hence the need for new tests.

In the end, given all the tests were OK, he could write a good report with 'migration specific' wording, such as "I see no reason for not granting this man his visa".

Also, he mentioned he does this "all the time", for various conditions, so you might ask beforehand if the doctor you go is familiar with writing reports for these sort of cases.

Edited by wvoor

Hi Caylin,

I eventually got the visa, but the process of obtaining the clearance from a nephrologist, added at least 2 months to the process, after the case office had been assigned. So I suggest you start this process now.

In the end, the doctor was very helpful and wrote an extensive and reassuring letter regarding my condition. But he did so only after requesting and getting the results of several lab tests (e.g. creatinine, ultrasounds, etc), on which he based his report. Note that I had not seen this doctor before, so he was not 'my doctor', hence the need for new tests.

In the end, given all the tests were OK, he could write a good report with 'migration specific' wording, such as "I see no reason for not granting this man his visa".

Also, he mentioned he does this "all the time", for various conditions, so you might ask beforehand if the doctor you go is familiar with writing reports for these sort of cases.

this is enlightening... i am almost losing hope here. thanks so much for taking the time to reply. i hope my nephrologist is as good in making reports as yours.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest rainyman555

I am the main applicant for 489 or 190 visa subclass to Australia. My wife is at the early stage of ADPKD and all his other urine factor (like ceratine and ,,,)is completely normal.She has no pain and very active and healthy.I am completely worry about the status of my visa for medical test .

I cant sleep during the night and really stressed now .I made a lot of efort for my file(ielts and ,,,)and paid a lot of money for this file.

Does any one has idea of such situation?

Regards

• 3 years later...