Help. Name on passport does not match birth certificate

MrTux

We have just been asked by our CO to provide evidence of my partners name change as her middle is included on her passport and not on her birth certificate. She has never had her name officially changed by depol so I don't know how this has happened, I can only presume the passport office did not do the propoer checks.

Has anyone had a similar problem and what was the resolution. I am getting realy worried that this could be a serious problem.

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

You can't change a birth certificate but you could look at

1) Changing the name officially to include the middle name

2) See if a stat dec would suffice

Thanks, we are going to call DIAC tonight to see what will be sufficent. We are considering getting my wifes name changed officially now.

Guest Guest31881

Can you do a Statement stating what has happened and that her birth name is.......................... but she is also known as ........................... as shown on her passport.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

My dad sent off for my driving licence in 1979 and he spelt my middle name as .... Howerd instead of Howard, will i have a problem when i try to change my licence over in Australia, what is the procedure? thanks for any replies.

Hi, this happened to me as I have always been called a different forename to my birth certificate - back in the day when passport applications were not as strict a covering letter allowed me to add my known name. Therefore when I came to apply my birth certificate didnt match my passport both in forename and surname as I had also got married! All I needed to to for my visa application was to change by depol in two steps 1. change forename 2. change surname - all done and back within 3 days - certified and sent to case officer - no worries ;0)

Guest laura b

Thankyou! I am mr tux's said wife with the 'name problem'! Its good to know you had a similar issue and managed to sort it without too much difficulty...we may get some sleep tonight now:wink:

I had a similar problem last year when renewing my British passport. Just got a stat dec from a solicitor, walked into the first place I came across, gave her my documents, paid a small fee and got the paper I needed. Passport was issued an hour later.

We have just been asked by our CO to provide evidence of my partners name change as her middle is included on her passport and not on her birth certificate. She has never had her name officially changed by depol so I don't know how this has happened, I can only presume the passport office did not do the propoer checks.

Has anyone had a similar problem and what was the resolution. I am getting realy worried that this could be a serious problem.

Thanks

My husband's biological father buggered off when he was a baby and his mother remarried when he was 4. when he started school they just called him by his step fathers surname and when he started work, the same again. when he applied for his first passport this obviously caused a massive problem and we had to do a lot of legal work. In our case we had a few extra documents we needed to provide but DIAC were happy with a statutory declaration to explain why his birth name and passport name were different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

For a citizenship application, do I have to provide the birth certificate?

I have never changed my name and it is the same as the one in my passport.

Archived