Recruitment Agencies

Hallfamily

Is it a waste of time going through a recruitment agency, should we just cut to the chase and apply to companies direct. Any advice please.

Are you still in the UK? If so then I wouldn't bother with an agency. I have tried to contact several and sent my CV away to several and they don't respond. I would just cut out the middle man and apply direct to the companies.

David

Are you still in the UK? If so then I wouldn't bother with an agency. I have tried to contact several and sent my CV away to several and they don't respond. I would just cut out the middle man and apply direct to the companies.

David

Yes we are still in the UK, thats why I thought it was a waste of time going through agencies because my OH has sent his Cv off to them and we don't even get a response saying they have received it and will look into it. Just pure ignorance. He is now going to apply direct and hopefully someone might appreciate how hard he has worked over the last year gaining his three charterships. Did you apply direct?

Guest Frankie79

Well we were about to start sending CV's to agenices as it seemed easier than attempting to contact every IT company in Australia but having read these I don't think we'll bother! Thanks for the heads up

I think it depends very much on the recruitment company - myself and my OH have contacted recruitment consultants who have already approached companies on our behalf (and have come back with job offers, well for my OH - I am on mat leave but recruitment cos were willing to do so).

Is it a waste of time going through a recruitment agency, should we just cut to the chase and apply to companies direct. Any advice please.

If you want to send an unsolicited CV to an agency do your homework and only send it to the ones who recruit in the sector you work in.

My company throws out IT related applications because we don't work in that sector. We don't reply or acknowledge we received them because we didn't ask for them. My contacts in other agencies do the same.

To increase your chances of being considered for roles you should also ensure your CV meets Australian standards. The type used in the UK are not considered well written here.

Best of luck with your job search.

Which city are you looking to move to? If its Sydney I can reccommend a fantastic IT recruiter. Like all industries theres good and theres bad.

Hi cdb - we are looking to move to Sydney and my hubby is a software developer. I would appreciate any recommendation for a good recruiter.

Thanks

Archived