Canapes for pre-ball drinks

ali

I've been lumbered with pre ball-drinks for my daughters friends/parents in March and want to serve some canapes - no idea what to do but they have to be:

• Easy Peasy (don't want to be spending ages doing them)
  • Nothing that will stain ball gowns if dropped.
  • Won't fall apart
  • No fancy ingredients ... we're talking teengers and I don't want heaps of leftovers 'cos they wouldn't eat them.

I'll have people for about an hour before the limo whisks them away - they'll be eating at the ball so nothing too filling - Ideas most welcome

Guest guest17301

cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks/cocktail sausages/sushi rolls/mini pinwheel sandwiches secured with a cocktail stick/spring rolls/olives/nuts/crisps

Guest The Pom Queen

I agree with Fi, cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks, cheese and the cocktail spring onions, sausage on sticks, vol au vents, Cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese, Scotch eggs,

Thanks for the ideas, I like the idea of bite size vol-au-vents, made baby boccocini with basil and cherry tomato today which went down well,, found salmon and cream cheese blini and corn and bacon fritata.

Only got people for the hour ... so not going to do too much.

Everything above and a couple of sliced up quiches meat + veg. Crostini's with tomato salsa are a nice addition and a range of dips with crunchy veg sticks to fill out the table :wink:

Guest sh7t man no way

what about crackers/chips,and dips--maybee a curry choice with rice,and stuff ali--savory stuff goes down well

Archived