Shipping arriving in February (Delays?)

Anotherfinemess

Hi Guys,

Our boxes of stuff from our old life which we couldn't leave is arriving in sydney on the 18th February. I've heard from one or 2 people that it takes another eternity to clear customs & to actually get to Canberra. We went with Seven Seas Worldwide & shipped 13 boxes, golf clubs, guitar etc

Has anyone had any problems between sydney and canberra or with customs? It's been long enough on the ship I dont want it to be longer!

Thanks!!

Our stuff left the UK on about 6/7th November and finally arrived on 21st December, was due to land in Sydney a few days earlier but the ship redirected to Melbourne first. I know Christmas & New Year maybe delayed matters, but we finally got our stuff on 18th Jan.

Hope this helps.

Guest mauiboy

we also used Seven Seas for our stuff. Took about two weeks from the time the container ship arrived in Sydney up to delivery. Not sure if they really bothered checking what's inside our boxes. The packaging tape is still the same and no sign that it's been opened. Am not complaining though. lol.7s0d07avp190.pnhm371hqty10ek.pnh

Our stuff arrived iin Sydney on 6th June and got to us on 29th. This was mainly due to customs wanting to clean an already clean strimmer and gamma ray a xmas decoration - the strimmer cost $250 to clean and the xmas dec was gonna be $400 to gamma or $80 to destroy no prizes for guessing which we choose!

If you dont have any garden stuff or xmas decs you should be seeing your stuff very soon

Our stuff arrived iin Sydney on 6th June and got to us on 29th. This was mainly due to customs wanting to clean an already clean strimmer and gamma ray a xmas decoration - the strimmer cost $250 to clean and the xmas dec was gonna be $400 to gamma or $80 to destroy no prizes for guessing which we choose!

If you dont have any garden stuff or xmas decs you should be seeing your stuff very soon

Wow that's crazy! We've nothing like that. Just clothes etc. we put all our shoes into one box so they'll prob open that one and "clean" it even though we cleaned them before they went in. Thanks for the replies. Hopefully won't be waiting too much longer after they arrive in Sydney!

Hi Guys,

Our boxes of stuff from our old life which we couldn't leave is arriving in sydney on the 18th February. I've heard from one or 2 people that it takes another eternity to clear customs & to actually get to Canberra. We went with Seven Seas Worldwide & shipped 13 boxes, golf clubs, guitar etc

Has anyone had any problems between sydney and canberra or with customs? It's been long enough on the ship I dont want it to be longer!

Thanks!!

Ours is due in Sydney on 19th Feb, but is already 3 or 4 weeks behind schedule so i hope there isn't a huge delay.

So annoyed...it was collected on 28th November and sat in London until 7th January (Pickfords not doing what they promised), so we're going to be out of Canberra temporary accommodation before the darn boat has even docked in Sydney.

Ironically, we fly from Singapore on Sunday, the same day our belongings are due to dock there on their exceedingly long voyage.

Ours is due in Sydney on 19th Feb, but is already 3 or 4 weeks behind schedule so i hope there isn't a huge delay.

So annoyed...it was collected on 28th November and sat in London until 7th January (Pickfords not doing what they promised), so we're going to be out of Canberra temporary accommodation before the darn boat has even docked in Sydney.

Ironically, we fly from Singapore on Sunday, the same day our belongings are due to dock there on their exceedingly long voyage.

Ah nothing worse. Hopefully it all gets here ok. Our boxes left around the 28th of November aswell but we were told it would take up to 90 days so February is on schedule. I don't know what pickfords told you about the travel time (I've heard bad things about them)

Archived