When did you book your medicals?

ack

So last night we finally lodged our visa :wink:

Now we are wondering should we wait for the CO to get in contact and then say book your medicals or you reckon frontload it and go and book them now for say 3 weeks time?

Its all VERY EXCITING!!!

We waited unti the CO was appointed but we were on a skilled independent. Remember that the medicals have a shelf life of 1 year and your validation is a year after your meds or police checks (whichever was first), e.g. Medicals 15th Jan 2012 .... first entry will have to be before 15th Jan 2013. This isn't a problem is you're ready to go, however, if your visa takes 3 or 4 months to be granted e.g. May .. then you've only got 8 months to validate. You don't get 12 months from the date of the visa grant. Sometimes front loading turns out to be an expensive option.

Unless you are in a hurry - it best to wait for your CO to request medicals - as when you get a CO, they may request further documentation regarding work experiance etc before they ask for medicals and can sometime take time to review the information before medicals is asked for. We waited until we got a CO (they requested to get medicals and PCC done) and then booked our medicals for the following week - we had no problem getting appointments for when we wanted them.

We had visa granted 6 weeks after lodging - the longest thing we had to wait for was my PCC from Australia. One thing that would halp speed up your process when you receive CO is having your Police Forms ready to go - as you require passport photos, that need to be certified by someone from specific occupation and 2 proofs of address and copy of passport bio page.

Guest Bulablue

Hi there can any of ye tell me do all visas require a medical.I'm thinking they do.if so is the medical done by your own dr or by a dr they assign you to?? We are going for WA ss 176 visa.I will be going as my fiancés defacto.getting g the correct info is just a nightmare! I'd appreciate any help thanks.

Hi there can any of ye tell me do all visas require a medical.I'm thinking they do.if so is the medical done by your own dr or by a dr they assign you to?? We are going for WA ss 176 visa.I will be going as my fiancés defacto.getting g the correct info is just a nightmare! I'd appreciate any help thanks.

All applicants on PR visas will require a medical, so yes as defacto on 176 you will require medical.

Medical as done by panal Doctors in the Country that you live in, you need to make appointment with one of the panal doctors

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/

Archived