cost of shipping

cass73

hi guys we had four removal companies around last week so i thought i would share thier quotes from Leatherhead to Hobart

John Masons 333cubic ft £2175

Dorree Bonner 350cublc ft £2180

Pickfords 471cubic ft £3036

Fox 20ft container £4975

i am going to email the top 3 on monday to see if they are willing to come down on price i will let you know how i got on :biggrin:

hi guys we had four removal companies around last week so i thought i would share thier quotes from Leatherhead to Hobart

John Masons 333cubic ft £2175

Dorree Bonner 350cublc ft £2180

Pickfords 471cubic ft £3036

Fox 20ft container £4975

i am going to email the top 3 on monday to see if they are willing to come down on price i will let you know how i got on :biggrin:

Are you taking lots? we got a ball park figure for contents of a 3 bed house for around £3200.

We currently live in a 5 bed house but are slowly selling stuff, hopefully we will have whittled it down by the time we go!

Did you get someone round to take a look and if so who at that cost, we are only in a two bed masionette and we are not taking wardrobes or our couches (they are done ) not taking our tv as thats had it also and leaving all white goods in the uk. we are shipping our bed frames and the rest is stuff like bikes, pictures,mirrors, table and chairs, dvds, music alot of kids toys etc (two young boys), beeding, towels and clothes although i am trying to slim it down alot thats all i can think of at the min. hope that helps a little

Cass

Did you get someone round to take a look and if so who at that cost, we are only in a two bed masionette and we are not taking wardrobes or our couches (they are done ) not taking our tv as thats had it also and leaving all white goods in the uk. we are shipping our bed frames and the rest is stuff like bikes, pictures,mirrors, table and chairs, dvds, music alot of kids toys etc (two young boys), beeding, towels and clothes although i am trying to slim it down alot thats all i can think of at the min. hope that helps a little

Cass

We are taking roughly the same amount as you Cass. the only extra that we're taking is a wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 lockers, a dishwasher and possibly the double fridge. Doree Bonnar have quoted us £885 for 146 cubic feet. They also said they would match any cheaper quote.:smile:

Guest oldmarried

Yes, if you are doing a shared container to Tas it will cost a lot more. There is no-one doing a groupage service direct to Hobart. It will get shipped via Melbourne.

This is the quite i have gone with this is the same size as a large move cube, but they pack and wrap everything + if I need any more space I can add to it.

Removal inc export wrapping & packing service

£1400.00 door to door service

Quotation based upon a volume of: 218 cubic feet, based on a part load service with good access both at the collection and delivery point with a large vehicle

We are taking roughly the same amount as you Cass. the only extra that we're taking is a wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 lockers, a dishwasher and possibly the double fridge. Doree Bonnar have quoted us £885 for 146 cubic feet. They also said they would match any cheaper quote.:smile:

Hi, can I ask if you got any other quotes ? as we have only had 2 companies recommended to us (Robinsons & Anglo Pacific), there was no mention of Doree Bonnar.

here are the quotes we had from Cannock, Staffordshire to Perth. Pss came tuesday, the other companys about 3 months ago so not sure if there prices have changed any??

size cost cost per cubic feet

Anglo pacific 428 cubic feet £2398 £5.60

Bonner 420 cubic feet £2155 £5.13

White & co 500 cubic feet £2465 £4.93

White % co 20 ft sole use £3370

PSS 428 cubic feet £2215 £5.17

not booked anyone yet, will see if anyone will beat the others on price

Just to make you aware of charges at the other end once you get your quotes from the shipping companies. I am in Perth now and will be receiving my shipment of 545 cuft (16.28cbm) within the next few weeks. The first charge which I expected was the customs charge. The company that JM use in Perth have charged me $30 + gst per cbm thats $537.24, thats before customs have inspected the container. Now whats really got me is that only yesterday I received another invoice for a total of $64, this is for the customs duty of $9 for bedding that I bought new and declared, the other $50 is an administration charge by the company that JM uses in Perth. Forgive me if there is a lot more work that goes into typing a few figures into an online form but $50 !!!!!!! I have asked once I receive my goods that I also receive invoices for charges by customs and a seperate invoice that JM's perth company use for their charges, I will then take this up with JM because I believe that when you go with a particular shipping company you should be told in detail what your gonna get hit with once you arrive !!!!

Archived