Advice needed from members with high school aged children in Point Cook, Sactuary Lak

tasormelb

Hi,

We are moving over in July at which time my children will be 13yrs and 16yrs. On our reccie we have previously looked at Geelong and High schools in that area and were very impressed with them. However I may have to work in the CBD and feel it's to far to commute from Geelong every day so we are now looking at Altona, Point Cook and Sanctuary Lakes.

Are there any members with high school aged children in these areas who can recomend (or not) their child's high school. I have read poor reviews in the past about point cook high school, is this still the case?

I think I read on here that someone living in Point Cook sends their child to Williamstown school. Is this possible? Also does Werribbe High School take out of catchment.

Thanks

hi,

I might be the Willi high mum who lives in point cook. We had to rent in willi (short term few weeks) to get them in and there is someone else moving here in the next month who has done the same. We both live in SL .

Depends if you want private or state regarding schools.

Also boys/girls school.

Happy to give you as much help but it is about preference I guess. Willi high gets fab results for a state school. Yes, you can go to Werribee high from point cook/sl but not easy to get to. One of my friends has a daughter who goes there, just enrolled in last few months.

Theres also some fab private schools in city.!!

Geelong Grammar is fantastic too.

Guest The Pom Queen

Werribee is strictly zoned, however, they have a Select Entry Learning Program your child may be able to get in, this would help if you are out of their zone.

Williamstown us a good school and better than PC

You will most likely find that the schools which are in demand (because they are perceived as good) have strictly policed catchment area policies. Have you checked the myschool website? That might give you a bit of a clue http://www.myschool.edu.au/ I have a relative who sends their son to Geelong College (not Grammar which is more expen$ive) and they have been very happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived