It seems to be all falling into place

mcmillsa

I was going round in circles about returning home when a colleague said to me when the time is right it will all fall into place.

Our original plan was for me to go back and find work with the kids in March then my husband would follow afterwards hardly ideal but it's the only way we could see how to do it.

We sold our house last July after a year on the market and we moved into a rental. We wanted to get our citizenship before going so had to wait till November to apply.

In the last week or so our dog went missing, the lovely woman who found him and handed him in has today adopted him, my step mum has offered us to live with her until we sort ourselves out and my husband got offered a good job on Wednesday. Our primary concern was work for him he is a joiner.

I have applied for a job local to where we will return to which sounds quite positive in what I specialize in. My contract at work finishes end of Feb along with our rental contract.

I do feel that we certainly are getting guided back home. Will be sad to leave but look forward to the next adventure in our lives

Great news, so glad it is all working out for you & all falling in to place.

All the very best for your return, please keep us posted as I for one will be very interested to hear how you get on with the next adventure.

Good luck & enjoy.

Sounds like its meant to be, everything is falling into place. You done the right thing seeing it out for your citizenship tho gives you that option to return should you want to. Its a nice choice to have not everyone is that lucky, hope everything works out for you in the future, best of luck on your new adventure.

Guest Shelduck

Sounds perfect! well done you! i do believe that things happen when they are meant to. we are in the process of trying to get back but all depends when/if the house sells. Trying not to become obsessed with it all but its hard.

keep us updated and all the best! xx

Don't despair we were on the market for a year it drove me mad that was when I was at my most desperate return home I felt so trapped. We did drop the house price a lot was able to purely because of the exchange rates.

When I first moved here I loved it was great such an adventure. I suppose normality set in and although we had this big fab house with a pool it was so lonely without having any family and friends to pop in and out.

I returned to England after two years for a holiday and my dad got ill after my return that was the beginning of the homesickness. 2 and a half years later that homesickness has never left me so I have given it a good shot of trying although am not unhappy I can't live with that feeling day in day out. I can see from reading other posts you can get stuck so decided need to go when the time is right for us (apart from my dear daughter).

Good luck with selling your house Shelduck and Quoll you keep me upbeat hearing about how much you are enjoying been back.

Good luck with it all!

We intend to stay long enough to get citizenship - about to apply for PR. And as you said in another post we like Australia but don't love it. Sounds like you've had enough of your adventure, now time to banish those homesick feelings (I have them - they're not nice!) once and for all.

Archived