Sunshine Coast ?

Guest melly

Hi Everyone,

Hubbie and I are soon moving to the Sunshine coast from Perth. If anyone wants to meet for a few beers, coffee, lunch, barbies, dinner etc etc etc, let us know !

Guest JoanneHattersley

Im Joanne, 35 and a registered nurse. OH is Mark, 43 and a Brissie bus driver. Happy to meet up....we are having a day out on sat 1st december at Ian Dipple Lagoon at Labrador..a meet for all POMS IN OZZERS!!! From 130pm

Thanks Joanne.

Is Labrador on the GC ? It might be a bit far for us to go from the SC and we will only just have arrived.

Is there anyone on the SC ?

Im Joanne, 35 and a registered nurse. OH is Mark, 43 and a Brissie bus driver. Happy to meet up....we are having a day out on sat 1st december at Ian Dipple Lagoon at Labrador..a meet for all POMS IN OZZERS!!! From 130pm

It would probably take you a couple of hours to get to Labrador taking it easy,,its not too far.Jo will probably be on later ,she is from sunshine coast end and will be coming to the meet,maybe she will meet up or chat that end if shes not too busy,,

Cal x

Thanks Jo-will be moving to the Southern end of the SC-Beerwah area. Will be there in a few weeks !

Can't wait !

Oooh Cal..are ya calling my name???

hey Melly and look forward to having ya with us on the Sunny (umm grey today) Coast :)

Feel free to pm when ya get here...Where are ya headed?

Jo x

Thanks Jo,

Look forward to meeting you all when we arrive ! Coffee (or something stronger) is in order !!!

OMG...We will be there in February too!!! Wonderful place...We met Mandy and hubby already...They live close by too..Helaine will be coming out sometime next year fingers x..

I will PM you with our fone numbers xx

Jo-empty your inbox ! I can't PM you !!

OMG...We will be there in February too!!! Wonderful place...We met Mandy and hubby already...They live close by too..Helaine will be coming out sometime next year fingers x..

I will PM you with our fone numbers xx

Guest wjingham

Hi, Wendy, myself (John) and Sarah & James now living near Mooloolaba. Wendy a kiwi and I left Uk a few years ago and stayed in NZ for a while. Recently arrived here and enjoying the sun. NZ is great but it's like living at the end of a cul de sac!

Regards, john

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest The Greenhalgh Clan

Hi just been reading your post from a while ago and was wondering if you are there now on the sunshine coast, i have been reading up on Beerwah and think thats the place i would like to go, is it as nice as it sounds?

Lisa x

Guest johno1

Hi

Sorry to butt in but could any of you Brisbane/Sunshine Coast gals advise me on what to wear???

We are heading out from Southampton to Brisbane next Sunday and don't know what to pack...??

Once again-sorry to interupt but am pretty desperate

Johnos

Guest johno1

Me again....forgot to say that this is a 2 week reccie.

Due to come out permanently in Oct but just coming to make sure that this is still the right thing for us..

Johnos:wacko:

Hi its Lisa, do you have children? just wondering wot the school is like there, we have 2 kids 10 and 7.

thanks

Guest melly
Did you not like perth?

JOHN

Love Perth, especially the Mandurah area but Australia is a HUGE country and we wanted to come and try the East coast to see what all the fuss is about-still wondering :smile:

Guest melly
Hi just been reading your post from a while ago and was wondering if you are there now on the sunshine coast, i have been reading up on Beerwah and think thats the place i would like to go, is it as nice as it sounds?

Lisa x

Do you mean me ? Yep, here in Beerwah-as you may have read previously, not that taken with Beerwah as a place. Although saying that blocks of land on the new estates are selling fast so everyone else "gets it" Personally I think it has a long long way to go and needs infrastructure, development to go with the houses, families etc. Maybe one day-but things don't move fast round here !

Guest melly

Oh the weather, my favourite subject-ha ha !

The days are lovely at the moment, but as someone else just said the nights and first thing in the morning are cold.

However we think Beerwah is colder than the coast so depends on where you are staying.

Oh, and houses are cold too-no double glazing, central heating etc-I have to go outside during the day to warm up !!

hi, we are going to Beerwah too. We land on 4th July with wife Anne, Tom 10 and Jessica 6, they will be going to the school at Beerwah. from other threads on here i believe it is quite a good school

Paul

Hi paul

Thanks for the replie, good luck to you and your family on your new lives down under, hopefully we can get started soon hope you dont mind me keeping in touch, because Beerwah is were we are interested in, hope you dont mind me asking, but did you use an agency if so who did you use?

Thanks Lisa.

Archived