Where to go for medicals? Yorkshire/North England

tomabbie

Now need to get my backside into gear and go for my medical for my 457, I currently live in Leeds. Any advice on where to go for medicals in my area, dont really want to travel too far but presuming probabably have to go to manchester. Any advice/experiences and costs greately appreciated.

Cheers

Kirstie

Guest Pixie10

Hi check out this link with panel doctors on it.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

We used the Manchester Dr Smith Medical and Radiology Clinic ehealth-logo-sml.gif

Medmigration Clinic

Bridgewater Hospital

120 Princess Road

Manchester

M15 5AT

Have to say they were great- very professional and put us at ease, very quick doing the ehealth uploads etc. Also easy to get to from train station. Cant remember costs but you can email them and they send you a list.

Goodluck

Now need to get my backside into gear and go for my medical for my 457, I currently live in Leeds. Any advice on where to go for medicals in my area, dont really want to travel too far but presuming probabably have to go to manchester. Any advice/experiences and costs greately appreciated.

Cheers

Kirstie

Doesn't Australia House still issue a list of approved doctors/clinics for the medicals? If so, check that the places recommended are still on the list--I've noticed that it changes frequently. (For various reasons, we did medicals then had to redo them a couple of years later--the original ones we used had changed by the second go.)

Having said that, our second batch of meds was done across the Pennines at a place listed in Depressedtown...oops, sorry, Preston. I recall them being quick, efficient and a bit cheaper than our originals.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We went to a GP surgery next to Huddersfield hospital at Lindley, they were brilliant, they did the scans at the hospital and the male and lady doctors were brill and i think they are one of the cheapest, can't remember the name, but i'm sure if you phone the hospital they will tell you, best of luck.

Archived