what are our chances

bry45

Hi all,

We have just returned from seeing our son who lives 20 mins inland from Gold coast, and yes we want to go straight back their. We have been thinking about it for some time but decided to visit first.

My/ our problem is I am now 45 years young and now do not get enough points, I am a carpenter/joiner over here with 20 years experience, However I never qualified when i was younger.I can get my NVQ 2 on a fast track because of my experience and having been self employed for the past 15 years i have plenty of references and photo's and evidence. I have been offered a job with a fencing company, but the owner can't sponsor me as he has only been in Oz since last April, so I need to be landed.

We have enough money to settle in Oz and our daughter and her boyfriend are moving out in September, so that would be both our children in Oz.

We really do believe this is for us.

I have spoken to a couple of Visa agents but one says it looks promising and another says it dosn't, so we are left confused.

So back to my question, What are our chances.

Sorry for rambling on but any advice would be great.

Thank you in advance

Bry

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Bry, unfortunately I'm not qualified to advise but have a word with one of the agents on here, ie Alan Collett, Raul or George Lombard

Hi again Lee, just a quick one here, I notice you have a couple of workers at your side on your photo, Me too i will be bringing my boy Bailey with us.

And while I'm here I also noticed your called Mr Fabrictor, Assuming that dosn't mean you tell lies and it is a reference to your job, is there any chance you could sort me out with a Visa and a job. I did qualify as a semi skilled sheet metal worker when i was younger which was good as i have done 9 years sub contracting as installation engineer, fitting spray booths and ducting systems, along side my carpentry work.

My Nana always told me what you don't ask for you don't get.

Hi Rudi, we really do want to settle in Oz, our son and his fiance have been their a year and are waiting for there PR, and our daughter and her fiance are moving down under in september, initially on a WHV and then aplying whist their.In an ideal world we would sell the house, buy a couple of tickets, say our goodbye's, fly down, move in to our new house just down from the kids, start work the week after, pick the dogs up from quarantine and light the barbi. Have a couple of burgers then get in the pool to cool off.....

Oh well back to reality, we will not stop trying and i thank you very much for your comments, I'll keep you posted on our progress and hopefully one day i will post a new thread saying Wer'e on our way.

Thanks again

Bry

Hi all,

We have just returned from seeing our son who lives 20 mins inland from Gold coast, and yes we want to go straight back their. We have been thinking about it for some time but decided to visit first.

My/ our problem is I am now 45 years young and now do not get enough points, I am a carpenter/joiner over here with 20 years experience, However I never qualified when i was younger.I can get my NVQ 2 on a fast track because of my experience and having been self employed for the past 15 years i have plenty of references and photo's and evidence. I have been offered a job with a fencing company, but the owner can't sponsor me as he has only been in Oz since last April, so I need to be landed.

We have enough money to settle in Oz and our daughter and her boyfriend are moving out in September, so that would be both our children in Oz.

We really do believe this is for us.

I have spoken to a couple of Visa agents but one says it looks promising and another says it dosn't, so we are left confused.

So back to my question, What are our chances.

Sorry for rambling on but any advice would be great.

Thank you in advance

Bry

You could qualify for the contributary parent visa 143 or 173 it's costly but worth it if it's what you really want, i recommend Alan Colette from ' Go Matilda ' they are helping me with my parent visa and have been really good. Worth looking them up and giving a call to discuss your options. Good luck. Ann

Hi Ann, Thank's for that as well, just sent an Email to Go Matilda, got a reply from Alan telling me his sister company in UK are going to phone me on Jan 3.

I promise you all this, If we do get to come i will offer all I have learn't in the process to anyone who asks.

Thank you for your kind words and ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR

Bry

Hi Ann, Thank's for that as well, just sent an Email to Go Matilda, got a reply from Alan telling me his sister company in UK are going to phone me on Jan 3.

I promise you all this, If we do get to come i will offer all I have learn't in the process to anyone who asks.

Thank you for your kind words and ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR

Bry

Your very welcome, i have had loads of help from here so like you say only to glad to reciprocate, hope you get the advice you require from go matilda in the uk. I lodged my papers last june and the parent visas are taking roughly 12mths before getting a case officer so i hope it's all systems go for me this year. Hope you get your dream in 2012. Ann

Archived