what exactly is involved in medicals?

Sol2Oz

I know a blood test is given, but do you have to take off all of your clothes so that they can check everything including your coochie? :cry: I read that women are given breast exams - does this include a mammogram or is it just a regular exam?

Also, there is a message on DIAC's site that reads, "Do not accept the xray or form 160 back from the Radiological clinic or form 26 back from the medical clinic as this may invalidate your application"

If you don't accept the form back, how can you upload the information or see what's on it?

Not too sure if this helps, but I did not need a medical (my Oh is the applicant) the medical was fairly straight forward, lovely DR, took BP,t told Oh he was overweight, but apart from that nothing intimate.

But I have read that for women they do breast checks, but seeing as I did not need one I cannot confirm this, maybe one of the girls who have had a medical can answer that question.

Sorry I was not more helpful x

I know a blood test is given, but do you have to take off all of your clothes so that they can check everything including your coochie? :cry: I read that women are given breast exams - does this include a mammogram or is it just a regular exam?

Also, there is a message on DIAC's site that reads, "Do not accept the xray or form 160 back from the Radiological clinic or form 26 back from the medical clinic as this may invalidate your application"

If you don't accept the form back, how can you upload the information or see what's on it?

Luckily, DIAC produce instructions for the Panel Doctors (so that wherever you undertake them they should be the same). You can read the full instructions here: http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf

The Doctor is reponsible for sending your medical and X-ray results to DIAC, unless they uncover something that needs to be treated you won't get to see them.

Hi the medicals are nothing to worry about . Thee nurses weigh and measure your height, take a urine and blood sample and carry out a chest xray . The doctor checks your hearing and eyesight and throughout asks you lots of questions whilst carrying out an examination .You have to strip to your underwear and the doctor gives you a thorough going over i.e reflexes, scars e.t.c .Only women over 40 have a simple breast examination. Your urine is normally checked in front of you but you have to wait for your results for the bloods and xray.The doctor will probably inform you if he has any concerns. All the results go straight to DIAC and you can check if they have been recieved on-line( for e visas ) .It took only two days from our examinations for our medicals to be finalised.

Guest VickyMel

Check out the panel doctors link that Peach gave - it is really good to know what is coming before you get there - it will calm you down as it is not that intensive.

I may be over 40 (just don't like to admit it), there is a piece in the panel Drs guide that says that over 40 they should ask you if you want a breast examination - seemingly you can say no if you wish. It was the same check for lumps as a nurse may give you at the Drs or you may do at home yourself.

I had to take my bra off, I kept my knickers on, and the Dr gave me a gown to wear (like the hospital ones). You could ask for a chaperone if you wanted - my OH was in the other room and I was mainly worried that he was reading my weight off the notes:eek: (there are worse things than the Dr checking your boobs:laugh:)!

They do a wee sample, check your weight and stuff, blood pressure... take a look at the link

The reason that is written on the form is that in some countries they don't get as many applicants and may use Drs that don't know the rules about us not being able to see the Medical results.

Anticipating your next questions - if there is a problem your Dr will more than likely tell you - for example I failed my wee sample test and had to get it done a second time. So even if there is a problem you get a chance to fix it and sort it.

Archived