475 visa for a family? Is it worth doing?

mapster

Ok I am considering the 475 visa as I have sat the Ielts test 3 times and did not get an 8 in the reading section!!!

For the extra 10 pionts needed we could use my partners skills for 5 and get 5 for a goverment sponsored 475 visa....

I realise this is a tempory visa and after 2 years we could then apply to stay.

What is the differance between the 176 and the 475 visa? Would it make a differance to school costs?

Any advise please?

Hi. We came to Oz on the skillled 475 Temp Visa and have just go our 887 Permanent Residents Visa. There was no more medicals just a fee ($250 ish i think)a form to fill out and provide proof of employment, tax, and where you have lived. Thats why unlike us you must keep all your rental lease agreements, group certificates (P60) and any employment contracts lol.

Ok I am considering the 475 visa as I have sat the Ielts test 3 times and did not get an 8 in the reading section!!!

For the extra 10 pionts needed we could use my partners skills for 5 and get 5 for a goverment sponsored 475 visa....

I realise this is a tempory visa and after 2 years we could then apply to stay.

What is the differance between the 176 and the 475 visa? Would it make a differance to school costs?

Any advise please?

There is a big difference between the 176 and 475 and if there is any way you could get the 176, it is a much better visa to have.

The 475 is a provisional visa; you will have to live and work in a regional area whilst you are on this visa, you are not entitled to benefits (new migrants can usually get some child related benefits), medicare (although if you are from UK you would get reciprocal cover for essential treatment) but education is free in most states anyway.

The 176 is PR straight away. If it were me, I would keep on doing IELTS until I get the required points.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I have been granted a 475 visa (granted in July 2011) sponsored by Orana region in NSW.

I am the main applicant but my spouse (who is a dependent) has got job in a non-regional area.

But, I plan to live and work in a regional area in order to comply with the subsequent PR application.

Therefore, will it effect our subsequent PR application or will my spouse's visa be cancelled if he works in a non-regional area. ??

Appreciate your early response.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have been granted a 475 visa (granted in July 2011) sponsored by Orana region in NSW.

I am the main applicant but my spouse (who is a dependent) has got job in a non-regional area.

But, I plan to live and work in a regional area in order to comply with the subsequent PR application.

Therefore, will it effect our subsequent PR application or will my spouse's visa be cancelled if he works in a non-regional area. ??

Appreciate your early response.

Thanks.

Considering that DIAC say: 'You and any accompanying secondary applicants, must agree to live and work or study in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.' the fact that your spouse has reneged on this obligation is not a good look...

DIAC are also pretty clear on what will happen if you don't comply:

'If you do not comply with the conditions of your visa:

• your visa, and the visas of any accompanying secondary applicants, may be cancelled

• you will not be in a position to apply for another Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa

• you will not be in a position to apply for permanent residence.'

I'd get your spouse to look for a regional job, pronto. :yes:

Considering that DIAC say: 'You and any accompanying secondary applicants, must agree to live and work or study in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.' the fact that your spouse has reneged on this obligation is not a good look...

DIAC are also pretty clear on what will happen if you don't comply:

'If you do not comply with the conditions of your visa:

• your visa, and the visas of any accompanying secondary applicants, may be cancelled

• you will not be in a position to apply for another Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa

• you will not be in a position to apply for permanent residence.'

I'd get your spouse to look for a regional job, pronto. :yes:

Dear NickyNook,

Thanks for the information...

Was very helpful...

Archived