Melbourne Golfers

Hi,

I arrived in Melbourne around 8 weeks ago and my golf clubs have now arrived! I now want to get playing and given only a couple of my mates here play golf I was wondering if anyone on here would fancy a round at some point soon? Desperate to get out there again and hate playing on my own.

My handicap is usually around 18 although crept up to 19 just prior to coming out here.

Cheers

Chris

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Chris there were a couple of members who did like golf, I know one guy who kept trying to get Rob to go with him so if you don't get any takers give me a shout and I will put you in touch with him.

Which course are you hoping to play at?

Guest The Pom Queen
Happy to play anywhere in inner suburbs to be honest, I don't have a car at the moment so would be using a flexi-car or cab

A quick question off topic, have you used the flexi cars yet, I keep recommending them for people but I haven't had any feedback.

Hi There,

I moved over 6 months ago. I was so happy to be reunited with my golf clubs, however I still haven't had the opportunity to get out and play. I live in Wheelers Hill, but work around Melbourne. I drive and could pick you up. send me a PM to sort out dates, courses etc.

Regards,

Neil

Guest julietarz

Hi Chris,

(borrowing my wife's account)

We arrived about 8 weeks ago and me and my son brought our golf clubs over with us (I play off 23 and my son, who is only 10, plays off 38 but is improving fast). We live down in Narre Warren South and have already played 3 rounds over here and are strating to find some good courses.

If you fancy a round then let me know (you can reach me on kevinredmond@btinternet.com or 0406 156619) and we can organise a time and I can pick you up on way.

Thanks

Kev

Hi,

I arrived in Melbourne around 8 weeks ago and my golf clubs have now arrived! I now want to get playing and given only a couple of my mates here play golf I was wondering if anyone on here would fancy a round at some point soon? Desperate to get out there again and hate playing on my own.

My handicap is usually around 18 although crept up to 19 just prior to coming out here.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

My partner is a keen golfer and used to play back in the UK. We have been in Brisbane for 3 months and he hasnt played yet and soon to be moving to Melbourne and I know that he hopes to, he has already been checking out the courses online.

We are hoping to move to Mornington as his job will be in Dandenong Sth what area are you living in.

Im not sure what his handicap is as this is mens territory but I know he is very good ( or was ) he hasnt played regurarly for a while but going back a couple of years he played 3-4 times a week, he was addicted, but ill ask him and let you know.

We will be there early Jan so he will be available from around mid Jan once we have got ourselves settled.

Kath

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaveTheYank

Hi Chris,

I'm moving to Melbourne next week, arriving 14 Jan, and am dying to swing the clubs again. They've been in hibernation the whole fall and winter in the US and need to see the sunshine again to regain their sense of purpose. :-) I'll be staying in South Yarra.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Chris,

I'm moving to Melbourne next week, arriving 14 Jan, and am dying to swing the clubs again. They've been in hibernation the whole fall and winter in the US and need to see the sunshine again to regain their sense of purpose. :-) I'll be staying in South Yarra.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Anyone,

Happy to play if anyone fancies a game.

Cheers David

Hi Chris

I'm a member of a course about 12k from the city called Medway Golf club. Pretty sure it doesn't feature in the Top Ten Courses in Melbourne but it's not a bad course and would be more than happy to have a round with you (or anyone else for that matter) if you fancy it.

Drop me a message if you're interested and we can sort something out.

Cheers.

Phil

Guest jadenrob

Hi All,

My hubby would be up for a game ... Maybe the girls can lunch at the same time :)

We are central to city and have a car so could pick a couple of you up.

Jade & Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Arrived in Melbourne 7 months ago but just recently bought a car. Looking to get back out on the course (was off 14 but haven't really played since we got here) so if anyone still needs golfing buddies then count me in. Living out west in Yarraville but have clubs so happy to travel and play new courses.

Let me know,

Fran

Hi Chris

I'm a member of a course about 12k from the city called Medway Golf club. Pretty sure it doesn't feature in the Top Ten Courses in Melbourne but it's not a bad course and would be more than happy to have a round with you (or anyone else for that matter) if you fancy it.

Drop me a message if you're interested and we can sort something out.

Cheers.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Just posted below and then saw your post about being a member at Medway. I live and work pretty close to there and was thinking of joining. Let me know if you fancy a game, happy to play anytime.

All the best,

Fran

• 1 month later...
Guest MurphsAndMaya

Hi Chris!

It seems its been a while since you posted your advert - but I thought I'd give you a shout and see where we get to...

Regarding golf, me and my other half (Ian) arrived here in January and although Ian sold his golf clubs prior to emigrating, I'm sure he'd be up for a game if you are! We are currently living on the Northern edge of Melbourne suburbs, so close to the CBD.

Let us know what's what and I'm sure Ian would be up for a game! :)

Kind regards,

Maya

xxxx

Guest laura and jon

Hey!

Moved to Melbourne about 6 months ago and bought myself a set of golf clubs. Have played a few games myself I've got an average handicap of 16 and would be good to have people to play a few games with. Staying in the city but have a car so would be willing to travel to try different courses.

Cheers Jon

Guest Jamesey75

Hi Chris

I'm a member at Heidelberg GC and have a RACV golf membership which provides discounts at some really good courses. I play most weekends so am always up for a game. I live in Yarraville and have a car if that helps. Been over here about 18 months and always on the look out for new mates/golf partners. Also enjoy going to the range and giving it some welly.

Cheers

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

We're moving to Cheltenham in July.......love my golf, have been concerned whether I'd be able to find someone to play with. Be more than happy to meet up with anyone wanting a game once we are settled and the clubs arrive....obviously!

Cheers

Dale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi folks,

We're moving to Cheltenham in July.......love my golf, have been concerned whether I'd be able to find someone to play with. Be more than happy to meet up with anyone wanting a game once we are settled and the clubs arrive....obviously!

Cheers

Dale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Dale,

Feel free to get in touch once settled. Me and My fiancee (both 40) arrived in Melbourne about 18months ago

and love it, I am a keen golfer but struggle to find people to play with.

All the best Dave

Hi Dale,

Feel free to get in touch once settled. Me and My fiancee (both 40) arrived in Melbourne about 18months ago

All the best Dave

Hi Dave,

Sounds like a plan! I'm 33 and play off 21 (on a good with plenty of time down the range!).

I'll give u a shout when arrive! Packing boxes with the golf on the tv as I text......think Tigers got this in the bag!

Cheers

Dale

Hi Chris

I'm a member at Heidelberg GC and have a RACV golf membership which provides discounts at some really good courses. I play most weekends so am always up for a game. I live in Yarraville and have a car if that helps. Been over here about 18 months and always on the look out for new mates/golf partners. Also enjoy going to the range and giving it some welly.

Cheers

James

Hi James,

Saw your post and thought I would get back in touch. I'm based in Yarraville too, arrived in Melbourne around 8 months ago. I have started playing on a semi-regular basis with Phil (another poster on this thread) at his club Medway which is only a 10 minute drive from Yarraville. Let me know if you fancy a game sometime soon, always looking for new golfers get out and play with. Got a car so don't mind where we play.

Cheers,

Fran

Hey all,

I couldn't help but notice all the activity on the thread recently. I'm not sure how much success people have had finding golfers to get out on he course with but I have recently started playing with another poster to this thread (I've been in Melbourne 8 months) at his course located in the inner west. We are happy to meet up with other posters if they are struggling to find golfers to to play with. So if anyone wants to get 18 holes in over the next couple of weeks, drop me a line with your email address and I am happy to coordinate a convenient time and location (not just out west, we can meet anywhere once there is a consensus amongst players). You never know, it could be the start of the POMSinOZ Melbourne Golf Society (apologies for name infringement if one already exists!!!).

All the best and hope to see you on the course soon,

Fran

• 4 months later...
Hi Dale,

All the best Dave

Hey Dave,

We're all arrived, didn't end up in Cheltenham.....move to Emerald next week.

When this rain stops (it will stop wont it?) I'll be up for a round. Don't mind travelling if you have a local course.

Cheers

Dale

Archived