Seaford

dalejaneaustralia

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Dale

Personally as you are young and no children I would be looking a little further towards the city. How about Mordialloc, Mentone, parts of St Kilda, Port Melbourne, Williamstown etc there are so many other beautiful places

Thanks!

Will have a look, it's a tricky task, we've decided we'd like to be close to the beach. Would need to have good road links for Jane as she will be driving towards the city for work and rail would be a good so would improve my options for work. Looks like the Frankston line runs straight down the coast.

I'll check these other locations out.

Cheers

Dale

I agree, give Seaford a miss. No harm to anyone living there but if you move all this way I think you would be very disappointed in Seaford. If Jane has to work in the city then yes Mentone or Mordy if she can get away with not working in the city then Mount Eliza, Mount Martha & Mornington.

What distance is Mordillac from the city and what is the transport like there and also in the other direction how long would it take to get from this general area to Dandenong South by car? Any input to this and other areas by the coast and within reach of Dandenong would be really helpful

Thanks

Seaford has a very long big beach and there are nice parts of it to live, on Nepean Highway its quite expensive now to buy a unit.

You could look at Patterson Lakes which is at Carrum not far from the station at Carrum on the Frankston Line, Harbour Town very nice new homes around there. You have access to the bike path then that takes you right up to Ferntree Gully. There is also a good bike path from Mordialloc to Carrum.

Other suburbs on the bike path are Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea. I worked in Dandenong and lived at Edithvale and its not that far at all but you would need to drive.

Beaches at all these suburbs are good.

Mordialloc beach is hitty missy and can be a problem with the Creek there when we have a lot of rain. After that towards the city you are further away from the beaches and they are separate whereas to the south they all run into one another.

I have a friend who lives on the Beach at Edithvale and she opens her back gate onto the beach.

Seaford has a very long big beach and there are nice parts of it to live, on Nepean Highway its quite expensive now to buy a unit.

You could look at Patterson Lakes which is at Carrum not far from the station at Carrum on the Frankston Line, Harbour Town very nice new homes around there. You have access to the bike path then that takes you right up to Ferntree Gully. There is also a good bike path from Mordialloc to Carrum.

Other suburbs on the bike path are Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea. I worked in Dandenong and lived at Edithvale and its not that far at all but you would need to drive.

Beaches at all these suburbs are good.

Mordialloc beach is hitty missy and can be a problem with the Creek there when we have a lot of rain. After that towards the city you are further away from the beaches and they are separate whereas to the south they all run into one another.

I have a friend who lives on the Beach at Edithvale and she opens her back gate onto the beach.

Thanks for that info Petals its always good to have input from people who know the area. I have looked at Edithvale and there is quite a bit to rent there, can you tell me if Edithvale or the other suburbs you have mentioned have a town feel to them rather that just a suburb? I would really like to be near at least a street of shops and maybe a cafe, restaurant or pub or two!! Dot want to be just stuck in a rambling suburb!! :jiggy:

Thanks for that info Petals its always good to have input from people who know the area. I have looked at Edithvale and there is quite a bit to rent there, can you tell me if Edithvale or the other suburbs you have mentioned have a town feel to them rather that just a suburb? I would really like to be near at least a street of shops and maybe a cafe, restaurant or pub or two!! Dot want to be just stuck in a rambling suburb!! :jiggy:

Its difficult in Aus to get a town feeling, there are strip shops at Chelsea and we used to use them when we lived there, also a good library, take away foods etc. There is the beach side and the other side to these suburbs, which means beach side is one side of the Nepean Highway and the rest of the suburb is the other side of it and the railway line. Beach side tends to be more expensive.

If you look on google earth street level you will get an idea of what the areas look like.

Aspendale has a few shops and the fish and chip shop used to be very good there. Edithvale has a few small shops baker, small supermarket that sort of thing.

Most people shop at the larger centres like Mordialloc, Frankston or over at Parkmore Shopping Centre in Keysborough.

Its difficult in Aus to get a town feeling, there are strip shops at Chelsea and we used to use them when we lived there, also a good library, take away foods etc. There is the beach side and the other side to these suburbs, which means beach side is one side of the Nepean Highway and the rest of the suburb is the other side of it and the railway line. Beach side tends to be more expensive.

If you look on google earth street level you will get an idea of what the areas look like.

Aspendale has a few shops and the fish and chip shop used to be very good there. Edithvale has a few small shops baker, small supermarket that sort of thing.

Most people shop at the larger centres like Mordialloc, Frankston or over at Parkmore Shopping Centre in Keysborough.

Had a good look at Frankston and that looks to have a large city centre, probably larger than I imagined but would you think that this area is a nice place to be?

Had a good look at Frankston and that looks to have a large city centre, probably larger than I imagined but would you think that this area is a nice place to be?

Anywhere on the hill in Frankston is ok and there are some good streets off Cranbourne Road. These are popular because people can walk to the city and the Station.

The best area in Frankston is South Frankston and in the zone of the Frankston High School. Very nice homes some with views. I have friends who live in Lakewood which is also ok area. Over towards where the new freeway is being built Tahnee Lodge is okay and so are the estates off Stotts Lane.

Frankston can be dodgy late at night due to the fact that it is the main hub for young people from the surrounding areas.

I like Frankston it has everything I need in shopping although I do not go there a lot. We have a good shopping centre in Somerville and we are about 10 minutes from FRankston.

Mornington and Mount Martha are popular places to live and Main Street Mornington has a nice feel to it. Its a bit further out and if you were working in the CBD for example you would need to drive to Frankston and take the train.

You could also look at Langwarrin which is close to Frankston and has a couple of shopping centres.

Brits have always settled around Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula and a lot of young adults and families have parents who migrated or one parent who migrated. At the Karingal Shopping Centre in Frankston many many of the aged people who go there are Brits.

We love the area and would not live anywhere else, we have the beach, the train and wineries and lovely country on the weekends.

Archived