What happens to the kids if...

Bexy71

Just a hypothetical question!

I've read some of the sticky thread about what happens to the kids if one of you want to go back to the UK. There was a mention of what would happen if something awful happened to both parents but I didn't see a definitive reply. In our case, there would be no relatives in Oz to care for our two littlies. So, would their grandparentsor aunties be able to take them back to the UK or would there be some sort of legal case to contend with. Obviuously we would want the best for them which would be to be with their closest relatives but do we need to draw an agreement up legally once we settle in Oz?

Bexy x

Guest Guest31881

I would make a will when you arrive in Australia and state in that what should happen if in the unfortunate situation where you are both no longer here. That should cover everything legally then.

Thanks for your replies, we will make that one of our priorities if we make it over. It's not very nice to think about but I would hate for our two girls to be left in limbo. We haven't got a huge family but they will be there for them if the worst happened.

Bexy x

Archived