Christmas on Bondi and NY in Sydney

Guest littlejen

Guest littlejen

G'day, how you going?

Jennie and are are headed to Bondi for Christmas day and then moving on to Sydney. Anyone going or done this before? I heard you cant take alcohol on the beach which is sad if its true :(

xx

My best friend (yes, I know that makes me sound about 12 lol) spent Xmas day on Bondi year before last - says it was the most miserable of her life due to the weather being HORRID and her and her friend being the only two people there (as it was chucking it down, grey, overcast, cold and nasty in general). They ate their sandwiches and went back to the hotel.

I'm not saying that to be a kill joy, but rather - have a contingency plan - if the weather is manky you won't want to be there, so think what you will do if it is (they hadn't, and just assumed it would be hot sunshine and smiles).

Hopefully it will be lovely, hot sunny and you wil have the best Xmas day ever, but PPPPPP :)

Guest littlesarah

Bondi is an alcohol-free beach during the Summer, which is probably the result of the antics of drunken backpackers over previous years.

The weather isn't guaranteed at any time of the year, we get cooler days and rain, just like anywhere! I'd also say that you might want to consider what you'd do if it were really hot - 40+ degrees on the beach can be a health hazard!

I'm assuming you have accommodation booked for New Year's Eve, if you're planning on staying in the CBD. It gets booked out a long way ahead, in my experience!

Some of the other beaches have a more relaxed attitude to alcohol where there is more of an emphasis on family picnics - say, Neilsen Park in Vaucluse. If the kiosk is open on Xmas Day you can buy booze there.

Some of the clubs will be open on Xmas Day, some restaurants too, and I imagine if you are in a hostel there might be something on too,