Inquiry about the IELTS

shaigi

hi guys ,

I would like to have the skill assessment so i will send all the documents related to my working experience which is one year overseas as well as my degree . I have my IELTS result which i go 6 in all bands.

Can i send my papers for skills assessment with my IELTS result and sit again for the test to get a higher mark (I need 8) while processing and apply for 175 visa with the new result ?

hi guys ,

I would like to have the skill assessment so i will send all the documents related to my working experience which is one year overseas as well as my degree . I have my IELTS result which i go 6 in all bands.

Can i send my papers for skills assessment with my IELTS result and sit again for the test to get a higher mark (I need 8) while processing and apply for 175 visa with the new result ?

I don't know about that, but I can give you an advice about IELTS;

there have been many forum posts recently about improving the marks. I suggest you search for those posts and get the tips on how to improve your results...

thanks bma , my question is

Can i use another IELTS result when applying to the visa ?

I heard that i need the IELTS for skill assessment and also for the visa application

I would think so as the skill recognition authority grants you a certificate separate to your visa application, then this cert is sent with your visa application.

You could sit the IELTS again and send the new results with your visa application.

I don't know about that.

Why don't you check recent IELTS posts, for example this one: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/132006-ielts-3rd-december-3rd-time.html/ and this one: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/128815-ielts-22-october.html and just explain well your situation and ask them on those two forum posts?

I bet someone of all those people posting will know the reply...

Good luck!

Hi shaigi,

Did you get a definitive answer? My brother-in-law is in the same situation. He got 6-7-7-7 in IELTS (good enough for the assessment) but we need the 10 points that comes with IELTS 7 so he'll retake.

Question is like yours, can we use this 6-7-7-7 result with assessment and use another one (an Ietls 7 result) for the application?

Anyone, please feel free to answer.

Thanks,

Eric

Yes you can. They will take the results from your most recent test - you can only use the one test however, you can't, for example, take the reading and listening from test 1, and the speaking and writing from test 2 - it would all be from test 2.

Basically, the skills assessment and the DIAC visa are two completely sep. things, so you don't need the same test for them both.

Archived