Casual job - Is it easy to get it in Brisbane ?

reza

Hi

Good day

I am a civil engineer with construction experience. I am planning to move to Brisbane in a couple of weeks on 176 PR.

I know securing a job in my field would be a little bit difficult at the beginning and it may take time for me to get a job in Civil Engineering. In the other side, as far as I understand, living expenses are very high in Australia. So, I am planning to get a casual job ( any sort of job such as working in restaurant, super markets ) as soon as I arrive and carry on until I get a job in my profession.

Now my question is, given that I have never visited Australia before is it possible to get a job in the first week ?

Then how would I get that job ? Should I go in person to employers and speak to them?

How much do they give for those jobs ?

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

REZA:wubclub::notworthy:

Guest Guest31881

I would think you could pick up a casual job in Brisbane. When we first moved over here my wife found plenty of work do "Tele Sales" and working in call centers , not brilliant pay, but at least it was something.

I would think you could pick up a casual job in Brisbane. When we first moved over here my wife found plenty of work do "Tele Sales" and working in call censurers, not briliant pay, but at least it was something.

Thanks for your reply,

How much do they usually give ? How to get those jobs ? on internet or in person ?

Regards

Guest Guest31881

Usually advertised in local papers, She did around 10 hours a week. ( a lot ask you how long you want to work) and could get anything up to $200, depending on the type of sales. Some (Like Insurance companies) offer a basic and commission, others are commission only. Keep a look out in the local papers that is where you will normally find the casual work.

Archived