Scanning birth certificate

Bexy71

Hi, Just after a bit of advice.

Our CO has asked for further docs and i need to upload hubbies birth certificate. I forgot to do this with the others as it isn't the same size. The others are all A4 but this is wider so doesn't fit on my scanner! I didn't have much luck getting it copied and resized to A4 but then it wouldn't be an original anyway. Can documents be posted to DIAC for an online lodged application? It might be easier to just get another copy and send them an original.

Thanks for any help!

Becky

Hi, Just after a bit of advice.

Our CO has asked for further docs and i need to upload hubbies birth certificate. I forgot to do this with the others as it isn't the same size. The others are all A4 but this is wider so doesn't fit on my scanner! I didn't have much luck getting it copied and resized to A4 but then it wouldn't be an original anyway. Can documents be posted to DIAC for an online lodged application? It might be easier to just get another copy and send them an original.

Thanks for any help!

Becky

Hi Becky

My hubby had a certificate that was too big for scanning in one go - all he did was scan it in two halves and this was fine.

Carla

Guest VickyMel

I can't remember what I did - I can remember that it did not all fit on my scanner. I think I sent two scans of the same document both with a bit missing at the edge!:laugh:

Does your library have an A3 scanner (or one of those office shops) - then you could pop down there with a USB stick and get it done.

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I tried a library today but they weren't too sure about how to use their printer! I'll try a different one tomorrow. The copy place i went to said they weren't allowed to do it (???) and told me to get another copy, I did mention that it would still be too big! I hadn't thought about having it scanned and saved on a memory stick so i will try that. If not it'll be scanned in two pieces!!!

Becky

If you have time, you can also phone the registrar in the town he was born I in, and they will send you a certified copy (it's a colour certificate on A4) which you can then scan and upload, we ordered one and it took about 7 days from phoning, to it arriving on our door mat, and I think it cost £7. Handy to have as OH's birth certificate was an old style one and didn't have certain information, like who his parents were or something equally as strange!

Archived