Subclass 176 State sponsorship!

Guest davegrohl

Guest davegrohl

Hi I just received my Subclass 176 VISA. The problem is that I have a Victorian state sponsorship. I was wondering if I could leave Victoria and start working in Queensland? I would prefer living in Brisbane. Can I leave Victoria and live in Queensland or will I have to stay in Victoria? And if I do, then for how long? Thank you

Guest lilimary

Dude, I spent 2 min on DIAC website and I found this.......................

Main applicant and secondary applicant obligations

1.You and any secondary applicants must comply with all Australian laws as permanent residents.

2.If you are nominated by a State or Territory government, you need to agree to:

remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two years

keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival

be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/obligations-applicant.htm

There are many threads on this PIO regarding this topic. Do a search you will find many threads on this debate.

You have a moral obligation to live and work in the state that has sponsored you. There is no condition on your visa to state this.

Answer to your question - technically yes you can, but you signed an agreement with Vic for you to be granted State Sponsorship.

Guest davegrohl

My ex-agent (who has left company) says that I can leave Victoria within 2 or two years of arriving in Victoria without any problems but my present agent says that I cant leave Victoria. Can anyone elaborate?

My Agent suggested to me when i asked the same question that it is a moral obligation to work in your trade and in your sponsored state for the 2 years , However if i was to change my mind at any point they said that DIAC must be informed of the change and things should be ok .

Baring in mind you had extra points awarded in good faith by your state they may ask you to obtain state sponsorship from you new proposed location , Im sure they dont want to make things difficult for you but i cant see u being to just move where ever and when ever otherwise we'd all be on a 175 visa

lee

Guest davegrohl
We were told you need to work 2 years out of 5 in the sponsoring state. Job situation not so great in Brisbane so you might be better off in Victoria.

Yes U r right but my problem is that my two brothers who could support me allot in settling are in Brisbane. For the time being I will leave my son in Brisbane and come back to my country. I will move back to Aus by end 2012.

Any suggestions?