UGG Boots - sorry!

nicolaj

Sorry - I can hear the collective sigh throughout the board!:rolleyes:

Now I am here in Aus, I know a family member is going to want some sending home at some stage!

Having had a look round, I know that Ugg just stands for Ugly, but there are sooo many brands, and like most things not all are equal in quality, but all interestingly charge the same price!

I have noticed that the UGG brand they go mad for in UK is now made in China?!

Any shops you can recommend that sell them and what brands to buy or avoid?

Thanks!!:biggrin:

I actually like Ugg boots. Here they are for indoor wear, whilst in the UK they are for outdoor, go figure! As for the brand/ shop, from the research I did a while ago, the Ugg brand that is sold in the Uk is the american one and they are very expensive. If what I read is correct, the Ugg boot model originally invented and made in Oz was taken by the american "Ugg" company and made into a high cost fashion item. I am not 100% sure of all the legal details, but I think the Ugg brand also has some copyright issues too and the Oz companies are pretty peed off about this, understandably I suppose considering they invented the boot. There is a whole load of info online if you have the will to look.

As for shops in Sydney, there is one "genuine" Ugg store but also plenty of other Ugg boots in a lot of the tourist shops. These are a bit cheaper as they are not allowed to use the american Ugg brand, but are equally as good quality and made of authentic materials. There is also an outlet out towards the Blue Mountains you can find by googling. I think it just depends on how brand conscious the buyer is, and how generous your purse? I have both american Uggs and another pair I got here from a tourist shop and tbh cannot see the difference.

I think they're stupid naomi, but what do I know? I like leggings....

As for the whole inside outside thing, I'd take the lead from the Brits. After all, aussies wear slippers or nothing on their feet to go down the shops...

I actually like Ugg boots. Here they are for indoor wear, whilst in the UK they are for outdoor, go figure! As for the brand/ shop, from the research I did a while ago, the Ugg brand that is sold in the Uk is the american one and they are very expensive. If what I read is correct, the Ugg boot model originally invented and made in Oz was taken by the american "Ugg" company and made into a high cost fashion item. I am not 100% sure of all the legal details, but I think the Ugg brand also has some copyright issues too and the Oz companies are pretty peed off about this, understandably I suppose considering they invented the boot. There is a whole load of info online if you have the will to look.

As for shops in Sydney, there is one "genuine" Ugg store but also plenty of other Ugg boots in a lot of the tourist shops. These are a bit cheaper as they are not allowed to use the american Ugg brand, but are equally as good quality and made of authentic materials. There is also an outlet out towards the Blue Mountains you can find by googling. I think it just depends on how brand conscious the buyer is, and how generous your purse? I have both american Uggs and another pair I got here from a tourist shop and tbh cannot see the difference.

As for the whole inside outside thing, I'd take the lead from the Brits. After all, aussies wear slippers or nothing on their feet to go down the shops...

Bare footed and still in their nightdress in the supermarket....god I miss the sight of those gorgeous women :laugh:

I like leggings and Uggs! :laugh: Uggs are really comfy... and nothing keeps your feet warmer when it is freezing. :yes:

China is the best place to see people out in their pjs.... normal everyday practice. Oh, and Earlestown, near Newton-le-Willows where we used to live.... Pablo knows where it is and can vouch for the high calibre! :twitcy::laugh: it would be pjs tucked into Uggs, beautiful.... :goofy:

Personally, because of the way some animals are farmed and killed to make certain brands of these style of boots (not saying Ugg themselves do this) I just can't bring myself to buy a pair ever.

Archived