change of plan

Guest riknbev

Guest riknbev

Well after a couple of stressful months and with only 8 weeks until we where due to emigrate, we have decided to re arrange flights accomodation and Validate our visa instead.

We haven't sold our house, my wife hasn't visited and theres a few question marks over the finances needed, so we thought best to go and have a look 1st.

so in Feb we have 3 weeks in a nice 4 bed house and we can see all the suburbs schools ect and take it from there.

I would just like to say thanks to all those who have answered our queries and good luck to all those who are going soon,

well done.:notworthy:

Guest riknbev
February is usually the hottest month so be prepared. It will feel super hot coming from Durham. Not the best weather to be travelling round looking at schools and suburbs. Make sure you leave a week for just relaxing, it's a long way to come just for a site seeing tour.

Good luck

Thanks Paul1Perth

Yes thanks we realise that, but wanted to come sooner rather than later, we will make sure we relax and just get a feel for it and intend to visit the beaches,parks, rotnest ect .

Would you recomend Margret river region and if so anyone suggest a good B&B ect ?

Thanks Paul1Perth

Yes thanks we realise that, but wanted to come sooner rather than later, we will make sure we relax and just get a feel for it and intend to visit the beaches,parks, rotnest ect .

Would you recomend Margret river region and if so anyone suggest a good B&B ect ?

Funny you mention that, we were down there last week and really enjoyed it. The weather was a bit cooler than normal and we had a fair bit of rain. I was recovering from doing the Anaconda adventure race in Augusta so it was a welcome break. Great weather to do the wine, chocolate factory, brewery tour.

There are so many wineries and breweries down there that I reckon you couldn't possibly visit them all if you had 6 months. I'm more of a brewery man myself and the Dukstein and Bootleg breweries were great. Bootleg have a dark ale called raging bull which is 7.0% proof but very easy to drink, dangerous stuff. They are within 10 minutes drive of each other too.

There are plenty of places to stay in Margaret River but a lot are pretty expensive. We were lucky in that my wife is a nurse so we were able to book through the ANF. We were in a 2 bed town house near the town centre, everything was very clean and almost new. $300 for 4 nights was a bargain down there.

You might find it cheaper to book something from the UK, they sometimes do deals which are cheaper for international tourists.

The surf is something else down there too. There were 6 metre swells one day at main break, way to big for me to venture in but the good surfers are worth watching. Yallingup is another beautiful place to visit.

Enjoy.

Well after a couple of stressful months and with only 8 weeks until we where due to emigrate, we have decided to re arrange flights accomodation and Validate our visa instead.

We haven't sold our house, my wife hasn't visited and theres a few question marks over the finances needed, so we thought best to go and have a look 1st.

so in Feb we have 3 weeks in a nice 4 bed house and we can see all the suburbs schools ect and take it from there.

I would just like to say thanks to all those who have answered our queries and good luck to all those who are going soon,

well done.:notworthy:

I think this is a great idea not burning all your boats and if perth is not for you at least you will have not wasted a lot of money and stress.