Birth Certificate for 176 Visa - Alternatives?

Guest Kalinka

Guest Kalinka

Hi, I've got a question regarding supplying a copy of your birth certificate as one of the required documents for the PR visa. The thing is I don't have one. And, as an alternative mentioned on the DIAC website, I do not come from a country that doesn't issue birth certificates. They do, I just lost mine, moving countries years ago and my parents moved twice since then so it got misplaced.

So my question is: is it absolutely mandatory to provide a birth certificate as a proof of age? What other document can be used instead? For example, can my old passport issued in the country of birth be used for this purpose?

This has really stumped me...This is the only document outstanding in application!

Guest Kalinka
You need both your passport and birth certificate on the online 176 application form.

Counting down the days!

Not long to go for you! Congrats!

I have already uploaded a copy of my British passport but I have my old, expired passport issued to me in my country of birth (which is not UK). Can that be used as my proof of age/instead of the birth certificate?