I know this is the 6 million dollar question but.......

Guest stuckinblighty

Guest stuckinblighty

Is the grass REALLY greener is Australia ??? I do hope so :roll:

regards, Lee

i think the most honest answer to this is ,,,,it is if you want it to be !!,its not going to be plain sailing and you will encounter some problems but with determination that grass can be the greenest you've ever seen ,,

Cal x

Guest Alison1967

Workwise i don't expect it to be that different.

Lifestylewise I expect to spend more time outdoors and expect if not mortgage free plan on being mortgage free within five years.

In england we can't afford for my husband to work part-time and retrain at college, in Oz he can.

The climate difference is a bonus too!

Good luck to you

Ali

Ummmmmmmm now thats a question.

I have been here 7 years and yes our quality of life is better.Husband not working as many hours we live in a nice house.Beaches are lovely.But still have to work with wages been a lot lower than the UK.Hav eto payout for more things school,dental,perscriptions not cheap.

It all depends what you are looking for.Even though I love my life here I really don't think taking grandchildren away for their grandparents and other family members was the right thing to do.But thats realising that 7 years to late.Good luck.

Guest scoop

Thanks for that Sue

Taking my boy away from his Grandad was my biggest worry now my wobble is well and truly back :shock: :shock: Gonna be on my own out there now worried about the cost of living :shock:

Cheers

SCoop

x

Guest stuckinblighty
Thanks for that Sue

Taking my boy away from his Grandad was my biggest worry now my wobble is well and truly back :shock: :shock: Gonna be on my own out there now worried about the cost of living :shock:

Cheers

SCoop

x

The wobbles hey ... you'd be some kind of weirdo not to have doubts . i've got a fair few .Its all about pro's and cons and finally go with your gut feelings,dont suppose that helps really :?

regards,Lee

Guest scoop

Hiya Lee

Always helps mate to know someone else in the same boat. Just worry now I have a child that I am gonna completely screw his life up but with the overcrowding in the UK what kind of future will he have here? I know he will miss his grandparents for a while but he's not even two yet!

You just gotta look at the weather it's mingin! At least in Aus we will be able to have breakfast outside again, go for walks to keep ourselves amused rather than have to be indoors or wrapped up to the nines in mid may!

Just gotta give it a go and do my best to make it work. You gotta leave your comfort zone at some point eh!?

Regards

SCoop

x

Had similar worries, my dad dotes on the children and when we're gone he's going to be on his own, his response helped us decide, he said he'd always regreted not doing something like this and we should take the opportunit. My brother is on the east coast (we hope to live on the west) so he's planning long holidays.

I hear there's a bit of a property boom in Aus and ideas of being mortgage free are a bit of a dream.

Guest scoop

Definitely a dream for me that one but will hopefully be able to get myself on the property ladder out there!! Feel a bit old for starting again these days, will just be glad to be outside a bit more rather than just a few months of the year.

I know my folks will not visit, just hope I will be able to afford to bring the little one back for Xmas with the olds? (School summer hols!)

Good luck with it all

SCoop

x

Actually never thought we'd be doing this until we visited my brother last year .. I was certainly in a comfort zone that i'd never imagined leaving. We've got children 11 and 7 and feel it will offer them so many more opportunities and freedom

I agree it'll be nice to be outside more, and you can do things which don't cost a fortune.

Archived