Job description - Accountant

walkwater

Hi,

I am an accountant and my job description looks like -

Nature of duties performed while conducting Financial Due Diligence on Target Companies in relation to Mergers and Acquisitions transactions are -

· Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets.

· Review and analysis of projections, and underlying assumptions.

· Examining operating costs and organization’s income and expenditure.

· Review of the adequacy of working capital facilities, including consideration of financing limits, term and covenants.

· Preparation of report of the findings of the financial investigation.

My question is whether the above duties be considered for the occupation of "Accountant - General". I intend to apply for 175 visa and I have positive skills assessment for "External Auditor".

Can anybody help me on the above or suggest any department where I can get the same confirmed.

Many thanks,

I believe that the occupation you put on your application needs to match that of your skills assessment - therefore if you have a positive skills assessment for External Auditor then this would need to be the occupation on your application.

Your actual job role is a different matter - your job title isn't important it is the duties you undertake that count.

Happy to be proved wrong, but that was my understanding.

I believe that the occupation you put on your application needs to match that of your skills assessment - therefore if you have a positive skills assessment for External Auditor then this would need to be the occupation on your application.

Your actual job role is a different matter - your job title isn't important it is the duties you undertake that count.

Happy to be proved wrong, but that was my understanding.

hi elderberry,

thanks for the reply..i would nominate "External Auditor" on my application. I was concerned about the 12 months recent work experience which can be in any of the occupations on the SOL. I am not sure if the present job am doing will be considered as an accountant's job under "Accountant - General".

hi elderberry,

thanks for the reply..i would nominate "External Auditor" on my application. I was concerned about the 12 months recent work experience which can be in any of the occupations on the SOL. I am not sure if the present job am doing will be considered as an accountant's job under "Accountant - General".

Well, it doesn't sound unreasonable but at the end of the day, it has to be your call (and no one elses) if you think your work experience would fit with the classification. Details of the ANZSCO code are at:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+2211+Accountants

Are you a qualified Accountant since registration or licensing is required as you will see on the attached.

I thought that from July 2011 DIAC changed the Work Experience requirement so that even though the final decision is down to the case officer, they would consider the opinion of your skills assessing body? Did you get your work experience assessed when you applied for the skills assessment?

Well, it doesn't sound unreasonable but at the end of the day, it has to be your call (and no one elses) if you think your work experience would fit with the classification. Details of the ANZSCO code are at:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+2211+Accountants

Are you a qualified Accountant since registration or licensing is required as you will see on the attached.

I thought that from July 2011 DIAC changed the Work Experience requirement so that even though the final decision is down to the case officer, they would consider the opinion of your skills assessing body? Did you get your work experience assessed when you applied for the skills assessment?

yes, i am a chartered accountant and member of the cpa australia..the tasks for an accountant includes many things and i tried to put some 3 of the tasks from the list which makes sense to my job..but am sure if its sufficient..

opinion of the skills assessing body is required for awarding points for work experience..as i have only 18 months of experience, i am not claiming any points..and the assessing body would assess the work experience only in nominated occupation..so they declined to assess my accounting experience as my nominated occupation is external auditor(external auditor and accountant are not closely related occupation in the view of cpa australia).

yes, i am a chartered accountant and member of the cpa australia..the tasks for an accountant includes many things and i tried to put some 3 of the tasks from the list which makes sense to my job..but am sure if its sufficient..

opinion of the skills assessing body is required for awarding points for work experience..as i have only 18 months of experience, i am not claiming any points..and the assessing body would assess the work experience only in nominated occupation..so they declined to assess my accounting experience as my nominated occupation is external auditor(external auditor and accountant are not closely related occupation in the view of cpa australia).

Just my view, but, if you've got 18 months PQE I reckon you're good to go and don't worry too much. As you know from getting sign off for your membership, the criteria for the role 'accountant' can cover many different things. For my duties I've got a couple very similar to those of the classification, whilst the other 3 are much more specific. The CO will let you know if they want more, which, from other people's posts is usually P60's and Payslips covering the 12 months in the 24 month period to meet the minimal critieria. I think you'll be OK.

Archived