Spouse visa-need to apply

aussiechick2006

Hi everyone,

Well after posting on here only a few days ago regarding not going to Oz until 2015 our plans have totally changed. Hopefully in 12mths I'll be back home!

Why put our lives on hold for the sake of a lump sum (as lovely as it would have been). Yes were not going to have a luxury lifestyle with loads of money to splash about. But to be honest family time and living life is far more important to us. Big deal if we cant afford tasting menus, bring on the family picnic at the park with homemade sandwiches. And if the only 'splashing' that we do is down at the beach....... I can't wait!

So my question is (before I get more excitedly carried away by our future simple life) is where on earth do I start. I have read so many posts it's making me even more confused!

I'm Australian, the children have citizenship by decent. So it's just my husband who needs a spouse visa.

I've read bits about front loading applications although I have no idea what this is!

If anyone can help at all I would be ever so grateful especially as it will be me sorting it out as the husband is just about to go away for over a month.

AC

Hi everyone,

Well after posting on here only a few days ago regarding not going to Oz until 2015 our plans have totally changed. Hopefully in 12mths I'll be back home!

Why put our lives on hold for the sake of a lump sum (as lovely as it would have been). Yes were not going to have a luxury lifestyle with loads of money to splash about. But to be honest family time and living life is far more important to us. Big deal if we cant afford tasting menus, bring on the family picnic at the park with homemade sandwiches. And if the only 'splashing' that we do is down at the beach....... I can't wait!

So my question is (before I get more excitedly carried away by our future simple life) is where on earth do I start. I have read so many posts it's making me even more confused!

I'm Australian, the children have citizenship by decent. So it's just my husband who needs a spouse visa.

I've read bits about front loading applications although I have no idea what this is!

If anyone can help at all I would be ever so grateful especially as it will be me sorting it out as the husband is just about to go away for over a month.

AC

Hi, the partner migration guide is a good place to start:

1127.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Then a couple of useful emails from DIAC:

http://www.gotmyvisa.co.uk/2009/09/useful-email.html

http://www.gotmyvisa.co.uk/2011/01/another-useful-email-from-australia.html

:hug:

Peach,

Thanks ever so much for that. I remember talking to you about 12mths ago and you were a world of knowledge then. I didn't realise that you'd already posted before my next silly question. The joys of doing things on your phone!

So far I've printed off and semi filled in the 40sp and 47sp forms. Even ran out of printer ink from them being so long! Although it will all hopefully be worth it.

Thanks again

AC

Ah so you've decided to go for it then?! Great news :) Main thing I would say with the forms is just to make sure the dates you and your hubby put down on your respective forms (40sp and 47sp) correlate. Or just do it all yourself and you'll have no problem :) And as Peach said, the Partner Migration booklet is a great source of information. Became our bible!

The key thing for the application is getting your documentation right to support the relationship, although it's probably a bit easier as you're married.

Here is a list of things we included (I'm the Aussie, OH is the Brit):

· - personal statements from both of us describing our relationship (roughly one A4 typed page each)

· - certified copies of passports & birth certificates

· - copy of our tenancy agreement

· - photocopies of bank statements from our joint account

· - photocopies of bills such as council tax, utilities

· - last 12 months payslips from me as well as a letter from my employer confirming how long I’ve worked there and how much I earn (to help prove I can afford to sponsor my OH)

· - stat decs from both my parents

· - letters of support/ reference letters from his parents & a friend of ours

· - handful of photo print outs showing us holidaying together or at social occasions (eg work function, friend's wedding, family Christmas)

· - a few print outs of email correspondence to help show how long we've been together eg. me telling my parents about our house hunting & the places we'd looked at, email from my parents to OH the previous year wishing him happy birthday

· - copies of travel itineraries (flight & hotel bookings) showing evidence of us travelling together

· - random stuff such as tickets from a show we saw together, Christmas cards sent to us from family, menu & place name cards from a work Christmas function (was pleased with myself for thinking to keep them!)

Good luck!

Ah so you've decided to go for it then?! Great news :) Main thing I would say with the forms is just to make sure the dates you and your hubby put down on your respective forms (40sp and 47sp) correlate. Or just do it all yourself and you'll have no problem :) And as Peach said, the Partner Migration booklet is a great source of information. Became our bible!

The key thing for the application is getting your documentation right to support the relationship, although it's probably a bit easier as you're married.

Here is a list of things we included (I'm the Aussie, OH is the Brit):

· - personal statements from both of us describing our relationship (roughly one A4 typed page each)

· - certified copies of passports & birth certificates

· - copy of our tenancy agreement

· - photocopies of bank statements from our joint account

· - photocopies of bills such as council tax, utilities

· - last 12 months payslips from me as well as a letter from my employer confirming how long I’ve worked there and how much I earn (to help prove I can afford to sponsor my OH)

· - stat decs from both my parents

· - letters of support/ reference letters from his parents & a friend of ours

· - handful of photo print outs showing us holidaying together or at social occasions (eg work function, friend's wedding, family Christmas)

· - a few print outs of email correspondence to help show how long we've been together eg. me telling my parents about our house hunting & the places we'd looked at, email from my parents to OH the previous year wishing him happy birthday

· - copies of travel itineraries (flight & hotel bookings) showing evidence of us travelling together

· - random stuff such as tickets from a show we saw together, Christmas cards sent to us from family, menu & place name cards from a work Christmas function (was pleased with myself for thinking to keep them!)

Good luck!

Ahh thank you.....

I've started filling in the forms and gave up until tomorrow. Especially as I'm filling in the husbands as well!

Hopefully it will all be straight forward. And that with 8yrs of marriage, 2 children, me living here nearly 10yrs will be enough evidence etc that yep....... I do love the guy, lol.

Think I best get studying me new bible!

AC