Help, please! 475 VISA & WA Sponsorship

Sun Shine

I'm in the process of gathering information with a view to applying for WA state sponsorship under a 475 Visa. I don't have enough points for 175/176 Visa.

My occupation, Occupational Therapist, is on SOL and in demand in WA.

If I was successfully granted a WA state sponsorship, under a 475 visa, could I only live and work in certain postcodes, as described on the webpage below?

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/RegionalclassificationforPerth.aspx

This would be silly if this is the case, the jobs are in hospitals and other places that are not located within these post codes! :confused:

Or have I read this wrong?

Please help! :eek:

Yes you need to live and work in the eligible postcodes for 2 years, (live 2 years work full time for 1 year, at any job) to be eligible to go from 475 Provisional visa to 887 PR visa. Then you can live and work anywhere is Australia.

As for jobs, there are hospitals in WA which are not located in Perth.

Another option would be to get a Employer Sponsored job, if you want to live in Perth, or if you have a eligible family member to sponsor you for 475 you can live in Perth.

Thanks for your reply.

From my point of view, I find the restrictions amazing, considering Oz reports having apparent skills shortages, my profession being one of them, then place restrictions on where you can work on a certain skilled Visa :err:

I do realise this Visa empowers employers to recruit from overseas in those WA areas.

I'll need to rethink my approach, but in the end, it could be a no go, unless I can secure employer sponsorship, which is proving difficult to organise from the UK :daydreaming: