weekend in victoria

Guest MADTOM

Guest MADTOM

Going away next weekend first time with our new car (4WD) any suggestions of where to go in Victoria.

We want 4 -6 hours drive from Melbourne, scenic, mountains, good for small kids, activities that don't cost too much. We aim to sleep in the back of the car overnight on a blow up bed.:biglaugh:

Going away next weekend first time with our new car (4WD) any suggestions of where to go in Victoria.

We want 4 -6 hours drive from Melbourne, scenic, mountains, good for small kids, activities that don't cost too much. We aim to sleep in the back of the car overnight on a blow up bed.:biglaugh:

Maybe head down to East Gippsland to the Gippsland Lakes, stopping maybe at Bairnsdale, keep driving down through Paynesville and around to Orbost? It is lovely down there in East Gippsland, some little towns with Antique Shops/Cafes and once down on the Lakes it might be warm enough to swim (we live in hope!!). Also plenty of bike tracks etc.

Or from Bairnsdale you can keep going on the The Alpine route it is lovely:

http://www.visitvictoria.com/Activities-and-attractions/Touring-routes/The-Great-Alpine-Road.aspx

http://www.visitvictoria.com/Regions/High-Country/Activities-and-attractions/Family-activities.aspx

I would head up to Bright and stop in at Brown Brothers winery, have a drive up Mount Buffalo, lovely in spring time, all the water rushing down. Beautiful trees in Bright. Can also take a drive over to Mount Beauty and up to Falls Creek or even go up to Hotham.

Call in at Beechworth and Yackandandah.

My favourite area of Vic.

Guest The Pom Queen

Ask Paul Furkew he goes off in his 4 x 4 or on his bike so will have some great ideas.

We are doing exactly the same up in Cairns at the minute, although we haven't camped out yet.

Guest The Pom Queen
Wilsons prom or Cape Conran

I thought Cape Conran but probably too far, I can't believe I forgot the prom though. If you want to see wildlife then head there.

Archived