Strikes prompt Qantas to cancel more flights

Strikes prompt Qantas to cancel more flights

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44796486

SYDNEY - Qantas Airways says another round of strikes by its ground workers and engineers will force it to cancel or delay dozens more flights.

The flagship Australian carrier says 17 flights will be canceled on Friday and 29 flights delayed by up to an hour because of strikes by the Transport Workers Union and the Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association.

Guest The Pom Queen

I am sorry but I have no time for Quantas or Jetstar, everyone of our family who have used them have been delayed, had flights cancelled. Including my son who had to attend the 75th Anniversary down at RAAF Williams this week, Quantas had forgot to book them on their flights so they ended up having to fly to Brisbane and wait for another flight down to Melbourne. A friend who came over from the UK a few months back had to wait for approx 6 hours in Brisbane because her flight up here was cancelled and my mum who was travelling back to the UK missed her connection at Singapore because of delays with Quantas.:no:

Oh dear, DH is in the air at the moment and hoping to connect with a flight to Canberra early on Friday morning - wonder if it will fly or not.

Actually, I quite like Qantas, they have been nothing but good to us and when flights have had unexpected delays they have put us up in nice hotel accommodation and generally looked after us very well. I have so many FF points that I go with them as a matter of course these days. I guess there isnt much they can do if the unions go on strike.

Archived