certified copies Help please !!!!!!

Guest bananachef

Guest bananachef

Me and my partner are applying for a de facto- spouse visa. Do you need to certify all documents including copies of bills, tenancy agreement etc as well as passport details? Silly question but i read somewhere that you don`t have to just your passport etc !! Thanks

Guest pjtjah

Hi - We are applying for the prospective marriage visa. I read and understood that bills etc can just be normal copies and you just need to certify passports/ written statements etc.

hope that helps x

• 2 months later...
Guest spray21

I'm in process of getting together copies of all sorts of things to try and prove defacto relationship.

So far I have mortgage certificates, solicitor's letters, letters to each other, council tax bills and joint bank account statements. None of these are certified.

We're going to get statements from family and friends - would it be best to have these typed, so they're legible, or handwritten so they're more personal? Any thoughts? And should each person add their address and phone number too?

We've thought about putting together holiday photos with creditcard statements from the time to show that we were there at a particular time and date - is this overkill?!

Please don't laugh at me, I've not done this before and I have no idea how much we are supposed to send off! Whoever gets our application might die of boredom going through it all! ("And this is our dog when we bought the house, and here he is again with us at the beach, and this is my grandad, and this is me when I was 5....." !!)

Guest spray21

Ha, I always swore I was not going to get married just for a visa.... but maybe I was too hasty! At our interview (with oz army) they joked that they'd had a vicar there the day before and they could have married us there and then! (I got slightly panicked, and said "But I thought we'd count as de facto!?" very flustered!)

I'm hoping that we'll have enough 'proof' to get through - to be honest I'm more worried about going overboard and giving them so much that they don't want to look through it all and send it back to us!

Can't hurt to put in a few pics, especially if they're over a few years as it will prove how long you've been together.

My brother was in Aus when he applied for his visa (sorry don't know which it was), and his girlfriend was an aussie citizen. He had me send over bill that were in joint names, travel documents indicating they'd travelled together and also letters his girlfriend had sent.

I think your right to get people to put address and number on stuff, then they can do checks if they need to

Good luck

Ali x

Guest spray21

The problem with the pics is that most of them have no dates on - even if they did it wouldn't really be proof of anything. I was hoping that half a dozen pics of us together in various climates and clothing and with different hairstyles would at least show that we've been together for quite a while!

I think I'll just put it all in, anything that I can think of, and then they can always chuck it away if they don't need it. I'd rather have that happen than have them send the whole thing back to us saying it isn't enough.

We had the same problem, not being married.

So my advice would be as we done and send photo's with card dates that corresponding dates if poss .we sent loads of stuff a bit oover kill is better than carefull .We sent photo's that started from the begining of our relationship up to present day ,and there was a lot sixteen years worth.

If you do send copies of anything they must be certified or the origanal must be sent. As for friend and family doing statments they must be on a delaration form.ican send you a copy of one if you need it. As I said over kill is best old invertation too birthdays, weddingsconcerts anything that you both went too .

All the best .

Bonzer

Guest bananachef

We applied for our de facto visa and it was granted within the month. We had our family and friends give stat decs( 8 in total). We sent photos of us together. they were not dated but a variety from different places, climates and hairstyles!! We gave photocopies of bills, tenancy agreement, letters and cards etc. The only certified copies were passport and birth certificates. We also gave a very in depth breakdown and letter showing our finances and a breakdown of our household duties. hope this helps.

Guest daveeeee

Hi Just joined this site so hears my first question, my partner and i in the process of compiling all the documentation and evidence required for a de-facto visa. I noticed with some interest that yours had only taken 1 month, is this the norm? did you front load application with police checks and medical? i was under the impresion that you had to get all documents veryfied by a solicitor not just your passport and birth certs, did you use an agent or complete yourself. lots of questions i now, but it would good to here advice from someone thats been there and done it.

PS were abouts are you re-locating to?

Regards Dave and hobbit

Guest bananachef

We did indeed front load our application with police checks and medicals, so the prepation time took about 3 months. (police checks took the longest0) We were pretty confident and chose not to use an agent. We read through the fact sheet from the Australian immigration several times to make sure we knew exactly what we were doing. it does actually say on the fact sheet to just photocopy bills etc and to just certify passport etc!

i`m glad we did not use an agent as it is a lot easier and cheaper than i thought it would be, although it is a bit stressfull as you want to make sure everything is right. We are leaving the beginning of november for a couple of months travelling(very exciting) and then of to melbourne. Let me know if i can be of any further help.

Guest daveeeee

Hi again,and thanks for the prompt reply, if you dont mind i have another couple of questions. We are in the process of completing forms and gathering info ready to submit. have read loads of info about this topic, and there is lots of talk about front loading, but how do you front load the med? do you not have to enter a case number on it, and does the doctor not have to send it on persaonally?

just recieved police check back today, and have had quite few motoring offences over the last 14 years. Do you think this would pose a problem

Again many thanks

Dave

Guest bananachef

Hello Dave. My boyfriend got his medical done 3 weeks before we sent of the application. The doctor told us to allow 14 days for the results to get there. On the application form there was a space for any further comments so we mentioned that we had already had our medicals done.(The doctor sends them)Immigration some how matches it all up when they receive them. We did wonder the same as you.

Not sure about your motoring offences, try e mailing them.If you go onto the website there should be a link to email them. We e mailed them once and they got back pretty quick.I don`t think they like it if you e mail them to much mind you. You also has to be in Australia before your police checks?medicals expire. (just in case you didn`t know)

Sharon

Guest bananachef

Hi dave( again)

If you look back through this site on some of the older pages there are posts from people with offences etc who seem to have got there visa ok. Have a read, sounds positive!

Guest daveeeee

Hi Sharon and thanks again for your help, will have a look through the historical postings later, no criminal record just speeding and other driving offences so should be ok. but must admit when your doing something like thid even the smallest thing cab seem to be a problem

Again thanks

Dave

Archived