Any one else think the cost of the trades skills assessment is crazy

Guest guest60209

Guest guest60209

Hi

I am sitting my skills assessment very soon for a trade and its costing me 2400 dollars, now I know they have some costs to cover but come on. I cant get over the price there charging for it and im just hoping to god the rest of oz aint as bad now.

I lived there 8 years ago and been back couple of times but by looks of things its gona cost a lot more now. I used to be dead set on going to oz for last few years but recently since really looking into it been having second thoughts. Gona cost heaps getting there and setting up.

Oh well I have a few days to decide before I pay a fortune for a test that counts for jack when I get there :chatterbox:

Sorry for the rant

Guest sh7t man no way

hi jock--oz is a very demanding thing in money terms if your a tradie from the uk wishing 2 live there--i went through TRA $300--ARTC-NO cost but same crap as TRA-18 months as a trade assistant 2 get my log hours:arghh:--$1800 dollars for my course,and books--the money i lost by been a trade assistant would have been tens of thousands of dollars--i did all this crap 5 years ago--so god knows how much they would rip you off now:no:im an electrician 30 years experience which in oz did not count for much,as far as being recognized once your there --ive heard if your a plumber--its costs heaps,and takes a long time 2 get recognized--what profession are you jock

Guest guest60209
hi jock--oz is a very demanding thing in money terms if your a tradie from the uk wishing 2 live there--i went through TRA $300--ARTC-NO cost but same crap as TRA-18 months as a trade assistant 2 get my log hours:arghh:--$1800 dollars for my course,and books--the money i lost by been a trade assistant would have been tens of thousands of dollars--i did all this crap 5 years ago--so god knows how much they would rip you off now:no:im an electrician 30 years experience which in oz did not count for much,as far as being recognized once your there --ive heard if your a plumber--its costs heaps,and takes a long time 2 get recognized--what profession are you jock

What else but a plumber of course :cry: Oh well, thats another thing, im paying this money for plumbing tests but want to get out of plumbing soon as i get there anyway.

Thanks for the info though

Guest stormgal

I was looking at VETASSESS - man those guys are crazy! Thank goodness I only paid 400 bucks for mine and it came out positive without my having to do it over. The only thing that almost killed me was the currency exchange - our dollar at the time was cheaper compared to the aussie. Oh then there was the bank's fees for a foreign transaction, but still.... believe me, none of those things were near as expensive as what the crazy folks over at VETASSESS charge!

Guest guest60209
I was looking at VETASSESS - man those guys are crazy! Thank goodness I only paid 400 bucks for mine and it came out positive without my having to do it over. The only thing that almost killed me was the currency exchange - our dollar at the time was cheaper compared to the aussie. Oh then there was the bank's fees for a foreign transaction, but still.... believe me, none of those things were near as expensive as what the crazy folks over at VETASSESS charge!

I was gona try apply as gas fitter as its only 300 dollars, For some unbelievably strange reason they feel the need for a paper based application then a technical interview and 2400 bucks for a plumber but for a gas engineer who is working with dangerous gases daily just 300 bucks and a paper application will do.

I want some of what the aussie immigration department is on :chatterbox: